Hot DATE for PBS
- Digital audio: Using microphones. Daley, Dan // World Broadcast Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the use of studio-quality microphones in digital broadcasting. Capabilities of the high-quality digital television audio; Approaches used in getting a stereo on location; Success in the use of the microphones in digital broadcasts; Factor to consider in the broadcast applications of...
- DAB: Radio's uncertain digital future. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 36, p46
Reports on the applicability of digital broadcasting. Importance of lab tests on digital audio broadcasting by the National Association of Broadcasters and the Electronic Industries Association; Proposed systems covered by the tests; Problems for FM digital; Obstacles for AM stations.
- Europeans and the battle for worldwide DAB. Homer, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 36, p62
Discusses the effect of radically different digital radio strategies pursued by Europe and the United States on the chances for an international standard. World Broadcasting Union's call for a single worldwide digital audio broadcasting (DAB) standard; System favored in Europe; System favored...
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 36, p81
Reports on the announced demonstration of the in-band, on-channel, FM-only system developed by AT&T/Amati Communications DAB system engineers at the NAB Radio Show in Dallas, Texas. Reason behind the demonstration.
- Digital-audio broadcasting takes to the air. Strassberg, Dan // EDN;02/15/96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p67
Presents information on digital-audio broadcasting systems (DAB). Details on the six DAB proposals slated for testing; Information on the trials to be conducted by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC); Categories DAB proposals compatible with broadcast systems fall into; Issues being...
- No place in space. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;May97, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the Digital Audio Radio Service (DARS), a breed of souped-up radio stations to be heard across the United States in 1999. Information on DARS; Preparation and cost of access to the service; Details on the effectiveness of the service.
- DAB sells out over Christmas. // Electronics Weekly;1/15/2003, Issue 2082, p6
Presents updates on the sales of digital audio broadcasting (DAB) digital radios in Great Britain as of January 2003. Estimated number of DAB products which went into the market before December 25, 2002; Increase in the sales from 2001; Information on the penetration of DAB products in Great...
- Tower of power. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;10/21/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 6008, p20i
Reports on the conversion of a car radio into a digital broadcasting medium in the U.S. Enhancement of radio signal; Lack of monthly fees; Combination of digital local broadcasting with satellite technology. INSET: Ready for a new signal..
- Further DAB experiments announced. Fey, Fritz // Pro Sound News;Mar96, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p27
Reports on a digital audio broadcasting pilot project in Saxony, Germany.