Hot DATE for PBS
- The BBC drives a digital transition. Eisner, Andy // World Broadcast Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p22
Reports the digital audio broadcasting transition of BBC in Kingswood Warren, England. Details on the AES digital sound infrastructure in the Network Transmission Area; Benefits of the infrastructure for audio transmission; Problems with signal monitoring; Impact of digital video disc...
- Digital audio: Using microphones. Daley, Dan // World Broadcast Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the use of studio-quality microphones in digital broadcasting. Capabilities of the high-quality digital television audio; Approaches used in getting a stereo on location; Success in the use of the microphones in digital broadcasts; Factor to consider in the broadcast applications of...
- DAB: Radio's uncertain digital future. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 36, p46
Reports on the applicability of digital broadcasting. Importance of lab tests on digital audio broadcasting by the National Association of Broadcasters and the Electronic Industries Association; Proposed systems covered by the tests; Problems for FM digital; Obstacles for AM stations.
- Europeans and the battle for worldwide DAB. Homer, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 36, p62
Discusses the effect of radically different digital radio strategies pursued by Europe and the United States on the chances for an international standard. World Broadcasting Union's call for a single worldwide digital audio broadcasting (DAB) standard; System favored in Europe; System favored...
- Untitled. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/6/93, Vol. 123 Issue 36, p81
Reports on the announced demonstration of the in-band, on-channel, FM-only system developed by AT&T/Amati Communications DAB system engineers at the NAB Radio Show in Dallas, Texas. Reason behind the demonstration.
- Digital-audio broadcasting takes to the air. Strassberg, Dan // EDN;02/15/96, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p67
Presents information on digital-audio broadcasting systems (DAB). Details on the six DAB proposals slated for testing; Information on the trials to be conducted by the Federal Communication Commission (FCC); Categories DAB proposals compatible with broadcast systems fall into; Issues being...
- Digital technology gives local musicians new outlet. McNulty // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/01/99, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p22
Reports on New Orleans, Louisiana-based Donna's Bar and Grill's development of a Web site in which a recording format called MP3 is installed. Benefits of the digital music technology to the music industry in the Louisiana; Music industry's changes into the basic model of copyright protection,...
- No place in space. Martin, Norman // Automotive Industries;May97, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the Digital Audio Radio Service (DARS), a breed of souped-up radio stations to be heard across the United States in 1999. Information on DARS; Preparation and cost of access to the service; Details on the effectiveness of the service.
- DAB sells out over Christmas. // Electronics Weekly;1/15/2003, Issue 2082, p6
Presents updates on the sales of digital audio broadcasting (DAB) digital radios in Great Britain as of January 2003. Estimated number of DAB products which went into the market before December 25, 2002; Increase in the sales from 2001; Information on the penetration of DAB products in Great...