Notice any d... elays in e-mail?
- Letter to Congressional leaders on organizations which threaten the Middle East peace process. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/12/96, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p1431
Presents the text of US President Bill Clinton's letter to Congressional leaders on organizations which threaten the Middle East peace process dated August 8, 1996. Provisions of Executive Order 12947; Treatment of `specially designated terrorists'; List drawn by the Treasury Department in...
- US takes global precautions to stem threat of terrorism. Landlay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;7/23/96, Vol. 88 Issue 166, p1
Reports on the United States' global precautions to stem threat of terrorism. Military's plan to protect troops based overseas from chemical and biological warfare; Senate's passing of a bill providing funds to train local police and firefighters; Perceived shortcomings of anti-terrorism efforts.
- Efforts to curb terrorism clash with freedoms. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;7/31/96, Vol. 88 Issue 172, p1
Reports on the US government's efforts to fight terrorism. Details of the government's strategy to curb terrorism; Program's conflict with freedoms.
- Terrorism's challenge. // Christian Science Monitor;7/31/96, Vol. 88 Issue 172, p20
Focuses on the United States government's efforts to stop terrorism. Recent tragedies' impact on the government's anti-terrorism policies; Threat to liberties.
- �A TASK THAT NEVER ENDS� BUSH PROPOSES PERPETUAL WAR. Ahmad, Aijaz // Canadian Dimension;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on the war against terrorism in the United States. Reference to 'operation infinite justice'; Grant of power to intelligence agencies; Criticism on the crusade for war of the government.
- BIO TERRORISM. Hanly, Ken // Canadian Dimension;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p41
Discusses biological terrorism as a counter-attack against the United States' war on terrorism.
- Vigilance Against Terrorists. // Christian Science Monitor;9/29/99, Vol. 91 Issue 213, p8
Editorial. Asserts that the United States should be doing more to head off terrorist threats.
- Devastation in a truck. Kitfield, James // National Journal;8/15/98, Vol. 30 Issue 33, p1928
Considers truck bomb threats as a phenomenal weapon system of modern terrorism in the United States. Information on various incidents of terrorist bombings; Security threats brought about by the modern tactic of terrorism; Efforts of the government to counter bombing threats in the country.
- Industry Makes Subtle Shifts To Meet Security Needs. Bassuener, Kristy // Wireless Week;9/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p13
Reports on the efforts of the wireless telecommunication industry to help the high technology homeland security program of the U.S. government for preventing terrorist attacks. Reorganization of the product portfolios or organizational structure of wireless carriers for homeland defense...