For a Few Dollars More
- This Time It's Different? // National Review;5/20/2013, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p14
The article looks at immigration reform in the U.S. as of May 2013, outlining and evaluating the provisions of proposed legislation drafted by a bipartisan group of eight U.S. senators. Provisions discussed include those on U.S. border security, tracking of foreigners who enter the U.S. on...
- Immigration Bill Receives Tepid Reception. Hunter, Pam; Buckley, Bruce // ENR: Engineering News-Record;4/29/2013, Vol. 270 Issue 12, p9
The article discusses the reportedly unenthusiastic reception from American legislators for the U.S. Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act which was introduced on April 17, 2013 by the "Gang of Eight" group of American Senators which is led by Chuck Schumer and...
- Border 'solution' a disappointment. Hutchinson, Kay Bailey // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);6/3/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p2
In this article, the author discusses aspects of the border security in the U.S.
- Security transcends election politics. Giffords, Gabrielle // Hill;6/11/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 66, p21
The article reports on the failure of the border security in the U.S.
- Another Spell of Wallitis. Schorr, Daniel // New Leader;May-Aug2007, Vol. 90 Issue 3/4, p4
The article discusses the plan of the U.S. to build a 700-mile fence along the Mexican border and relates it to other walls built around the world including the Berlin Wall in Germany, a 436-mile fence to close off the Arab section of East Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza, and a fence in...
- Arizona's immigration law. // Hill;4/24/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 50, p16
The author reflects on the issue on Arizona's border-security law, in which the oral arguments will be heard in the U.S. Supreme Court.
- BRIEFS. // Inside Tucson Business;8/23/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p8
The article offers news briefs on various topics in the U.S. including the three-year contract for the Royal Netherlands Air Force F-16 fighter pilot training with the 162 Fighter Wing of the Arizona Air National Guard at Tucson International Airport starting October 2010, the 600 million...
- McCain says border security is top priority. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;4/20/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p6
The article reports that Senator John McCain calls for tight border security to prevent illegal immigration in the U.S.
- Obama Signs Border Security Bill. // Airport Security Report;8/25/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the move of the U.S. President Barack Obama to sign the border security bill in the U.S.