GGP Gets Court's OK on Statement
- Mall owner eyes options for recovery. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);1/28/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, pA3
The article reports on the completion of General Growth Properties Inc. on its debt restructuring which enable it to overcome from Chapter 11 bankruptcy in Chicago, Illinois.
- Mall owner files Ch. 11 over debt. // Inside Tucson Business;4/20/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p1
The article reports on the filing of Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by General Growth Properties Inc. in the U.S. on April 16, 2009. It notes that the said company is the largest mall operator in the country which include Tucson Mall, Park Place Mall and the Mall of Sierra Vista. The filing...
- Mall Owner Appeases Lenders. // American Banker;5/15/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 93, p11
This article presents information about U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Allan Gropper's order allowing mall owner General Growth Properties Inc. to complete a mortgage loan and to use the cash to support the company while it reorganizes. Debtors who held mortgages on some of the mall properties had wanted...
- Mall Owner's Deal Calms CMBS World. // American Banker;12/4/2009, Vol. 174 Issue F316, p4
The article reports on the agreement that General Growth Properties Incorporated has reached with lenders to emerge from bankruptcy without selling its best-performing shopping malls, which reassured the commercial mortgage-backed securities market. According to the article, General Growth has...
- General Growth Rebuffs Simon's Offer. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/19/2010, Vol. 199 Issue 38, p2
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois, based, bankrupt real estate firm General Growth Properties Inc. (GGP), has rejected the offer made by Simon Property Group Inc, to buy the firm citing objective differences. It states that the company has asked the judge to extend its deadline from...
- Bankrupt REIT to Try Unusual Stock Offering. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/19/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the plan of bankrupt shopping mall real estate investment trust General Growth Properties Inc. (GGP) to sell its company stock. It notes that the sale would be unusual because businesses in a court-supervised reorganization typically do not ask for capital from new...
- Court Confirms General Growth Restructuring. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/21/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p5
The article reports on the approval awarded by a bankruptcy court for General Growth Properties' reorganization plan. According to the company, the reorganization, which involved 194 debtors owning 85 regional shopping centers, 15 office properties and three community centers, will impact about...
- GGP pitching transactional trivia. MF // Broadcasting & Cable;4/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 17, p79
Reports on GGP's having found some big-ticket takers for its hybrid entertainment/transactional merchandising format. Its weekly Sports Snapshot game show in 51 markets representing 42% of the U.S., according to Bob Horowitz, president of GGP.
- GGP Closes on Loan Extension. // National Mortgage News;2/1/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on the announcement made by General Growth Properties Inc. that its joint venture subsidiary, Carolina Place LLC, will close on an extension of its 115 million dollars mortgage loan in Chicago, Illinois.