Goodyear Plans $100M Add-On Deal
- Goodyear Rolls Away with $100M Add-On. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;8/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p30
The article reports on the plan of Goodyear Tire to issue additional 100 million dollars worth of junk bonds in the U.S. on August 10, 2010, bringing its total bond deal to 1 billion dollars.
- Private Junk Deal Tests Buyer Limits. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/23/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p7
Reports on an upcoming private junk bond deal for Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. Test of the high-yield bond market's tolerance for offerings meant to stave off a troubled company's looming bank debt maturities; Total loan refinancing due in 2005; Downgrading of the company's credit rating.
- Two Cos. Price $1.5B, Two More Seek $500M. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;5/11/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p16
The article presents an update on high yield bond issuance in May 2009. Akron, Ohio-based tire manufacturer Goodyear Tire has issued a 1 billion U.S. dollar in 10.5% senior note offering due 2016. It plans to use the proceeds to repay its 500 million U.S. dollar in senior floating rate notes...
- Goodyear's Junk Deal Tests Buyer Limits. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;2/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p1
Reports that an upcoming deal from Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. is testing the high yield bond market's tolerance for offerings meant to stave off a troubled company's looming bank debt maturities. Privately placed deal led by Citigroup and JP Morgan; Indication that junk buyers are still ready...
- Goodyear wins inventor award. Lowell, Jon // Ward's Auto World;May93, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p58
Reports on the Distinguished Inventor Award from the Intellectual Property Owners Assn. in Washington, DC being won by Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. Aquatred wet-weather radial passenger car tire; Sam Landers, John Attinello, William Glover, Adel Halasa, Paul Maxwell, Fernand Fourgon and Jean...
- Goodyear's good year. // Automotive News;4/12/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5494, Automotive news insight p2i
Presents Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company as recipient of various awards in 1992. Supplier awards; Corporate awards; Recognition of plants in the United States, Asia and Europe; Awarding of engineered product facilities plants in American states.
- A wheel breakthrough. Melilli, Denise // Crain's Cleveland Business;09/15/97, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p20
Features Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company's Extended Mobility Tire, which is designed to be able to run when flat. Advances in polymers, composites and various testings in the design of the tire; Statements from Bill Hopkins, Goodyear's director of tire technology.
- How Goodyear forecast a great decade. Speer, Tibbett L. // American Demographics;Mar95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p39
Focuses on Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.'s forecasting techniques. Formation of a New Products Development group; Forecasted changes; Takover bid by independent financier Sir James Goldsmith; Competition with Bridgestone; Role of forecasts in the company's success.
- Rail cargo pileup sends Goodyear on the road. Darce, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/24/94, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p6
Reports on the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.'s rerouting of rail rubber shipments due to backlog of rail cargo. Use of 18-wheel trucks from San Antonio, Texas; Limitation of Mexican rubber inventory; Dianne Cazayoux, Goodyear's traffic coordinator for New Orleans shipments.