Boston Generating Files for Ch. 11
- Boston Generating for Sale. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on the merger of Astoria Generating Co. LP and EBG Holdings in a five billion dollars deal.
- Insolvencies lower than a year earlier. // Credit Management;Jan1998, p12
Provides information on the number of company insolvencies in England and Wales in the third quarter of 197. Comparison with the number of insolvencies with the previous quarter and the same period of 1996.
- California City to Continue Dealings in Bankruptcy Court. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/21/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31329, p31
Reports that Desert Hot Springs, California will continue working out its finances in bankruptcy court after a judge upheld the city's case. Reason for filing for reorganization under Chapter 9 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code; Proposal of a reorganization plan by city officials to cope up with the...
- Rethinking Unfair Discrimination in Chapter 13. Sepinuck, Stephen L. // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Fall2000, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p341
Focuses on the provision of 'unfair discrimination' in the Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code in the United States. Use of the phrase in the expansion of the scope of the Bankruptcy Act of 1898; Intention to maintain equity among creditors; Application of test for the evaluation of assertions of...
- Almost All You Ever Wanted to Know About Carve Out*. Levin, Richard B. // American Bankruptcy Law Journal;Summer2002, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p445
Provides information on the carve out concept of bankruptcy in the U.S. Association of carve out with cash collaterals and debtor possession financing agreements; Relation of the concept to section 506(c) of the Bankruptcy Code; Provisions of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Bankruptcy filings hit record high here again. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);1/30/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 3, pA3
Reports on the number of bankruptcy petitions filed in 2002 in Spokane, Washington. Application for protection from creditors by business and consumers; Economic influences on the bankruptcy filings; Anticipation for the federal bankruptcy reform legislation.
- Bankruptcy Filings Up in 4Q. // Credit Union Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the increase of bankruptcy filing according to the American Bankruptcy Institute in the U.S.
- For Backers of Bankruptcy Bill, It's Try, Try Again. HELLER, MICHELE // American Banker;3/4/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 42, p7
Reports on the efforts of proponents of bankruptcy reform legislation to support the legislation. Opinions of various organizations on the legislation; Chance of the approval of the legislation; Criticism of the legislation.
- Facts About Business Bankruptcy. Dennis, Michael // Business Credit;May2003, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p10
Cites facts regarding business bankruptcy. Number of bankruptcies filed each year in the U.S.; Common causes of bankruptcies; Steps on how to make a bankruptcy checklist. INSETS: A Bankruptcy Checklist;Bankruptcy Reclamation.