GGP Gets SEC Probe, Blackstone Investment
- CEZ board faces insider dealing probe. // Utility Week;2/7/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p11
Reports on an investigation launched by the Czech securities commission into the board members at power utility CEZ accused of insider trading. Reaction of CEZ to the allegations; Reason given by the commission for initiating the investigation.
- Overstepping the mark? Jones, Llewellyn // Finance Week;5/19/2003, p27
Reports on the governmental investigation of insider trading allegations against Nedcor in South Africa. Adjustments in the profit forecasts for the company; Breach of the JSE Securities disclosure requirements; Infraction in terms of insider trading laws.
- Investigators Under Investigation. Wechsler, Jill // Pharmaceutical Executive;Sep2005, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the investigation of the effects of insider trading practices on the development and approval of new drugs by the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission in the U.S. Examination of the allegations of illegal activity; Violation of trust that is fundamental to...
- Insider trading crackdown may trigger claims. RYST, SONJA // Business Insurance;2/28/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the move of some companies to turn to their management liability insurers to pay the costs associated with the investigations conducted by the U.S. to crack down on insider trading. Raj Rajaratnam, founder of the Galleon Group hedge fund, is challenging claims made in late...
- CA IB Securities under investigation. Carey, Nick // Prague Business Journal;1/21/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p22
Reports the investigation of the insider trading of CA IB Securities by the Securities Commission in Prague, Czech Republic. Reaction of the traders on the examination; Derivation of the precise map of stocks volume; Response of the company on the allegations.
- KINOWELT TARGET OF TRADING PROBE. Foreman, Liza; Meza, Ed // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the investigation of German securities regulators into a possible insider trading after 2.8 million shares changed hands before film group Kinowelt Medien AG reported poor annual results in March. Statement released by Kinowelt following the regulators' announcement; Context of the...
- Dutch probe exec on insider trading. Edmunds, Marlene // Daily Variety;04/27/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 42, p24
Focuses on Netherlands' public prosecutor's plan to launch a criminal investigation against Philips chairman Cor Boonstra in connection with insider trading activities linked to the takeover of Endemol Entertainment.
- ACE. Marsh fire staff as probes continue. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;11/8/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 45, p1
This article presents information on New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer's investigation of broker compensation. Two of the companies embroiled in his civil suit is firing or suspending employees. Several other states probing contingent commission arrangements for evidence of fraud. Inc. and...
- Martha's Untidy Story. Weisskopf, Michael // Time International (South Pacific Edition);8/19/2002, Issue 32, p32
Focuses on the U.S. Congressional investigation of Martha Stewart for possible insider trading. Stewart's sale of ImClone stock the day before its share price fell; Efforts of Stewart's lawyers to keep her from testifying at a House Energy and Commerce Committee; View of Stewart as...