New York Area's Top TV Stations
- Boom time in Jacksonville. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;6/24/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 25/26, p1
Focuses on the state of television broadcasting of news at WJXT-TV in Jacksonville, Florida. Reconfiguration of the newsroom to accommodate news output in the station; Enhancement of the Doppler weather system; Preparations of affiliation switch to television networks.
- Staying power. // Quill;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 81 Issue 6, p6
Reports on ratings obtained by television station KCBD in Lubbock, Texas. Highest ratings in the area due to its long-staying newscast anchor team; Anchor team composed of Karin McKay and Abner Euresti; Television journalism ratings.
- Rock 'em, shock 'em. Wilson, Mike // Quill;Mar94, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p33
No abstract available.
- XETV, KSWB gear up for prime time newscasts. Rodrigues, Tanya // San Diego Business Journal;05/24/99, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p5
Reports that San Diego, California television stations KSWB and XETV are planning to present news at 10 p.m. Targeting of a time slot dominated by KUSI-TV; KUSI's plan to add a 7 p.m. newscast; XETV's featuring of a fast-paced half-hour daily newscast; KSWB's limited release of information...
- Cleveland station begins early newscast. // Electronic Media;01/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p58
Reports on the newscast launching of WEWS-TV Cleveland, Ohio.
- To russia with savvy. Cummings, Corin // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun96, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the independent television news organizations in Russia. War in Chechnya as proving ground for the television stations; Efforts of Internews to boost nongovernmental media; Grants from the US Agency for International Development for Internews; Promotion of ethical conduct and...
- Derailing the gravy train. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 30, p78
Editorial. Comments on the attempt of the sales department of Fox's affiliate television station in Chattanooga, Tennessee, to sell positive news reports about area-based companies. Sales attempt as a violation of standards of television journalism.
- Local TV New Study Slams Bigger Owners. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;2/17/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 7, p1
Cites the findings of a study conducted by the U.S. research firm Project for Excellance in Journalism (PEJ), suggesting a possible deterioration in the quality of news produced by television stations due to their ownership in the hands of giant companies. Trustee of PEJ; Creation of...
- Slovakia net fined for bias. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;4/4/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 65, p6
Reports that Slovakian commercial channel Markiza TV has been fined for biased reporting during an election.