Sex and the city: Differences in disease- and disability-free life years, and active community participation of elderly men and women in 7 cities in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Status of Women. // Hungary Country Review;2013, p150
The article provides information on the status of women in Hungary, with information on Gender Related Development Index (GDI), female life expectancy at birth and total fertility rate.
- Longer life, more obstacles. // New Internationalist;Nov99, Issue 318, p5
Focuses on the general increase in the life expectancy of women since 1950. Greater male exposure to health risks as a possible explanation as to why women live longer; Proportion of disability-free life for women at the age of 65, according to the United States Bureau of Census.
- Women live longer lives--by six years on average. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug1997, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p41
Reports that women's average life expectancy has risen to 80 years in the European Union.
- Chinese women's life expectancy rises. // Asian Pacific Post;4/24/2014, p17
The article reports on the increase in the life expectancy of Chinese women from 73.33 years old in 2000 to 77.37 years olds in 2013, which represents the significant improvement in women's health services in the country.
- Part III: Clinical Challenges and Renal Considerations in Managing Gout. Bleyer, Anthony J. // Renal & Urology News;Jun2012, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p35
The article presents a case study of the clinical challenges and renal considerations in managing acute gout attack in 58-year-old man with multiple comorbidities including hypercholesterolemia and hypertension. The patient was obese with blood pressure of 130/85 millimeter gram and normal...
- Abdominal pain, a cardiac history, and an unusual diagnosis. Bruno, Patricio G. // Patient Care;Mar2006, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p62
Focuses on the case of a 71-year-old man who was diagnosed with hydatid cyst disease, a parasitic disease caused by human infection with Echinococcus species. Results of the physical examination; Symptoms of such disease; Risks posed by surgery to the patient due to his cardiac comorbidities.
- Status of Women. // Seychelles Country Review;2010, p78
The article offers information on the condition of women's welfare in Seychelles including gender related development index, female life expectancy at birth, and maternal mortality ratio.
- Medical Center Characteristics Associated with PSA Screening in Elderly Veterans with Limited Life Expectancy. So, Cynthia; Kirby, Katharine; Mehta, Kala; Hoffman, Richard; Powell, Adam; Freedland, Stephen; Sirovich, Brenda; Yano, Elizabeth; Walter, Louise // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Jun2012, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p653
BACKGROUND: Although guidelines recommend against prostate-specific antigen (PSA) screening in elderly men with limited life expectancy, screening is common. OBJECTIVE: We sought to identify medical center characteristics associated with screening in this population. DESIGN/PARTICIPANTS: We...
- Mortality: life and health expectancy of Canadian women. DesMeules, Marie; Manuel, Douglas; Cho, Robert // BMC Women's Health;2004 Supplement 1, Vol. 4, pS9
Health Issue: The sex differences in mortality, life expectancy, and, to a lesser extent, health expectancy, are well recognized in Canada and internationally. However, the factors explaining these differences between women and men are not well understood. This chapter explores the contribution...