- We are still full throttle at Senate Finance Committee. Baucus, Max // Hill;6/4/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 64, p30
The article reports on several accomplishments of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee in 2008 including the rebate program, legislation on tax relief for military families, and healthcare reform.
- Healthcare, texting and Afghanistan. // Hill;10/13/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 117, p16
The author reflects on the development of the votation on the health care reform legislation by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee.
- Ad tax legislation has advertisers on edge. Weinstein, Deborah // Medical Marketing & Media;Feb2014, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on a clause in a draft proposal by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee by which business will not be able to write off advertising expenses as a cost of doing business.
- RAC overhaul bill approved. Mongan, Emily // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2015, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p2
The article reports that the legislation related to the Medicare payments handled by the Recovery Audit Contractors has been approved by the U.S. Senate Finance Committee and mentions that the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) can process several appeals annually.
- Waste, Fraud, and Abuse. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;3/13/2013, Vol. 309 Issue 10, p973
The article informs that members of the U.S. Senate Finance Committee has outlines recommendations from more than 160 stakeholders in the health care community regarding ways to improve federal efforts to tackel waste, fraud, and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs in the U.S.
- Party Leaders Name Seven New Faces to the Senate Finance Committee. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;01/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31056, p3
Reports on the appointment of politicians to the United States Senate Finance Committee. Number of appointees to the committee; Ratio of Republicans to Democrats appointed to the committee; List of politicians selected to staff the Senate Finance Committee.
- The Senate Finance Committee. MacLachlan, Suzanne; Mutch, David // Christian Science Monitor;6/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 140, p2
Informs about the review of the tax status of American Association of Retired Persons, to be conducted by the Senate Finance Committee.
- Clinton plan employer mandate hit. Weissenstein, Eric // Modern Healthcare;3/21/94, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p34
Reports on the Senate Finance Committee's assessment of chances for the passing of President Bill Clinton' healthcare reform bill's employer mandate as the way to achieve universal coverage. Finance committee as the key hurdle to reform proposals; Provisions of the plan on the employer mandate;...
- Finance panel eyes relief for providers. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;09/06/99, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p6
Unveils that the United States Senate Finance Committee will begin working on Medicare reform legislation that will increase payments to home health agencies, nursing homes and hospital outpatient departments. Funding for the changes to Medicare payment policies; What the reform bill includes.