- Social Tools Prove Powerful for Online Health Programs. // For the Record (Great Valley Publishing Company, Inc.);2/14/2011, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p30
The article reports on the findings of a study conducted by Caroline Richardson, an associate professor of family medicine at the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor. It highlights the significance of adding an interactive online community to an Internet-based walking program. It...
- Profiling Prostate Cancer. // American Fitness;May/Jun2002, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Offers information on a study regarding the genetic and molecular profile of prostate cancer by researchers at the University of Michigan Medical School. Significance of the research; Risk factors of prostate cancer; Symptoms of prostate cancer.
- University of Michigan announces new professorship in CV medicine. // Cardiology Today;Mar2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p46
The article reports on the announcement by The University of Michigan Medical School of a new professorship in Cardiovascular (CV) medicine.
- UM Medical School one of last to establish bioethics program. Kosseff, Jeffrey // Crain's Detroit Business;10/23/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p19
Reports on the interdisciplinary bioethics program instituted by the University of Michigan Medical School in Ann Arbor. Instruction and examination on topics such as surrogate decision makers, access to health insurance and assisted suicide; Description of the school's biomedical program;...
- PROGRESS NOTES: UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN MEDICAL SCHOOL. Sierpina, Victor S. // Alternative Therapies in Health & Medicine;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p95
Focuses on the complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) program in the University of Michigan Medical School. Influence of Steven Bolling on the CAM program; Aims of CAM Education Grant of the university; Introduction of CAM to first-year medical students.
- Infant insomnia and depression. // Foods Matter (USA);Oct2008, p16
The article reports on the findings of a study related to infant insomnia and depression conducted by researchers at the University of Michigan Medical School. It was found that infants whose mothers were depressed before or while they were pregnant are much more inclined to chaotic sleep...
- News flash. // Good Health & Medicine;Dec2008, p12
The article reports on the findings of a study from the University of Michigan Medical School about the hormone content of creams which has the potential to smoothen out wrinkles. The study revealed that a cream with the hormone oestradiol stimulates collagen production and smoothes skin in...
- Developing a fully online course for senior medical students. Chapman, Chris; White, Casey B.; Engleberg, Cary; Fantone, Joseph C.; Cinti, Sandro K. // Medical Education Online;2011, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
In 2002 the University of Michigan Medical School created a one-month course in advanced medical therapeutics (AMT). All senior medical students were required to complete the course. To provide some flexibility for students who were interviewing for residency positions the AMT course was created...
- Study: One in five seniors needs post-surgery ER care. // Journal of Business (10756124);9/26/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 20, pB4
The article focuses on a study by the University of Michigan Medical School researchers which shows that about one in five adults who underwent common operations will need post-operative emergency room (ER) care. It says that the study analyzed Medicare data of about 2.4 million adults who...