Alpha radiation exposure
- Bruce Power's radioactive shipping license has expired. Tardif, Richard // Eastern Door;2/10/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the expiration of the transport license of nuclearenergy company Bruce Power LP, which was issued by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission.
- Nuclear Shipment decision delayed Until spring. Tardif, Richard // Eastern Door;12/10/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p16
The article reports on the need of Bruce Power Inc. to wait for the decision of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission on its application to transport 16 outdated steam generators and nuclear waste across the Great Lakes to Sweden.
- Threats of Radiological Terrorism and the Securing of Radioactive Sources. Duguay, Raphaël // Journal of Physical Security;2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p55
This paper presents a high-level overview of the threats that high-risk radioactive sources represent, and their potential use as radiological weapons. The objective is to provide a discussion on existing threat assessment methodologies and security practices to protect high-risk radioactive...
- Enhancing Safety and Security Interfaces to Improve Radioactive Source Security in Canada. Duguay, Raphaël // Journal of Physical Security;2016, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p16
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) plays an important role in ensuring that safety and security objectives are harmonized. In doing so, the CNSC's role in securing radioactive sources ensures that safety and security can work together without impeding one another. The Canadian...
- FCC proposes new RF radiation limits. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;4/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p68
Focuses on the proposed radio-frequency radiation exposure limits set by the Federal Communications Commission. 1992 revision of exposure standards by the American National Standards Institute. Controlled environments, uncontrolled environments and induced currents; Estimate of extent of effect...
- More news from Exeter. Tobias, Jeffrey // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/17/88, Vol. 297 Issue 6663, p1566
Reports the management of radiotherapy for radiation accidents in Exeter, England. Evaluation of the calibration error; Effectivity of high medical dosages; Examination of the claims settlement.
- What is radiation protection dosimetry? McDonald, Joseph C. // Radiation Protection Dosimetry;Jan2010, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p1
In this article, the editor explains how the journal select submitted manuscripts that tackle radiation protection dosimetry for publication.
- Pinpricks Warrant Closer Look. ROSIER, NATASHA // ASRT Scanner;Oct/Nov2013, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p22
The article focuses on the safety aspects of existing radiation therapy tattooing procedures as of November 2013. It highlights the Radiation Therapy Chapter's addition of a tattooing practices section to the "2012 ASRT Radiation Therapy Staffing and Workplace Survey." Results of the survey are...
- Safety, Always. Voland, Dawn M. // ASRT Scanner;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Safety First ... and Always" in the December 2011/January 2012 issue.