Gaming: On The Trail Of Third-Gen Grail?
- Wireless data market to mushroom. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p12
Forecasts the growth in the wireless data communications market in the United States. Upgrading by wireless operators of their systems; Estimated number of mobile data subscribers at year-end 2000.
- MESSAGING MAYHEM. // Telephony;5/6/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 18, p22
Focuses on interoperability among the short message service (SMS) networks of wireless carriers in the U.S. Predicted increase in the number of active SMS users by 2006; Information on the SMS penetration among mobile users.
- U.S. lags behind Europe and Japan in wireless Net race. Guth, Rob; Uimonen, Terho // InfoWorld;11/01/99, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p46C
Assesses the position of the United States computer and communication companies on the development of a wireless Internet. Market for digital mobile telephone in Asia and Europe; Forecast on the development of mobile communication technology.
- Metrics. // RCR Wireless News;12/8/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p26
The article offers news briefs in the wireless communications industry in the U.S. The shipment of home wireless audio and video connectivity products are expected to increase by 2010. The volume of paid mobile game downloads has stopped even if there is a positive response from mobile games...
- European gamer makes play for more H'wood biz. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;4/28/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 17, p5
Reports that wireless gaming company In-fusion, the largest mobile game publisher in Europe, is opening a Los Angeles, California office in April 2004. Goal of increasing its ability to license Hollywood properties; Appointment of Julian Corbett as vice-president for business development and...
- Making MONEY From Mobile Games. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p6
No abstract available.
- GoldPocket Makes Play For Wireless Gamers. Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;4/1/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the wireless and mobile network applications for games. Description of the technology used for the content download service of Verizon Wireless; Functions of the EventMatrix system from GoldPocket; Focus given by carriers on entertainment applications.
- Internet Access Key to 3G. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p18
Reports that the dominant driver in third-generation wireless network development will be cheap, intermediate access to the Internet.
- 2004 Will Be the Year of Wireless (Really). Meyers, Jason // Wireless Review;Dec2003, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p7
Forecasts a growth in the wireless communications sector in the U.S. in 2004, either in terms of next-generation technology or mobile data applications. Factors which contribute to the growth in the industry; Status of the wireless segment of the telecommunications sector; Impact of the local...