No generic bargain
- What can generics do for retail pharmacy? Kirsche, Michelle L. // Drug Store News;3/21/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the possible role of generic drugs in resolving the problem of shrinking margins of drugstores in the U.S. Impact of sell-through of genetics drugs on dollar sales of prescription drugs; Suggestions on how to improve the generic drugs industry.
- Get to Know Your Pharmacist. // Review of Optometry;3/15/2006 Part 1 of 3, Vol. 143 Issue 3, p86
The article presents question-and-answer advisory on topics relating to optometry in the U.S. One optometrist asks about ways to control the dispersal of generic drugs in pharmacies. Another person asks about methods to deal with controlled medication. There is also an inquiry about newly...
- Pharmacies fight back on generic pricing. Smolkin, Sheryl // Employee Benefit News Canada in Brief;11/6/2007, p5
The article reports on the disagreement of the Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores towards the Competition Bureau's study that the benefits of strong competition in the supply of many generic are not reaching employers and other members of the Canadian public in the form of lower prices....
- Letters to the Editor. Cawood, Charlie // South African Pharmaceutical Journal;2015, Vol. 82 Issue 7, p42
A letter to the editor is presented expressing disappointment at various pharmaceutical organisations' insensitivity towards the Pharmacy Week theme "PHARMACY Towards quality care together -Chronic diseases: Take control".
- 25 YEARS AGO125 YEARS AGO. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/4/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 22, p1
The section focuses on articles published in previous June 7 issues of "ICIS Chemical Business Americas." In the June 7, 1982 issue, one article reported on a Supreme Court ruling that generic drug manufacturers cannot normally be held responsible for the actions of pharmacists who distribute...
- Voices. Patton, John; Hackney, Ed; Bennett, Doug; Davis, Randall; Anonymous; Einsidler, Gary; Dang, Kevin; Sarraf, Bill; Burger, Mark // Drug Topics;Dec2014, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p16
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Generic drug price hikes cause hardships for pharmacies, patients," "Senate hearing will explore soaring prices of generic drugs," and another on generic drug manufacturers.
- Generics may profit pharmacists. // Marketing News;9/16/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p14
This article reports that Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois has announced plans to pay pharmacists every time they convince a consumer to switch from a brand name drug to a generic. Generic drugs generally cost much less than brand-name versions. For instance, the generic version of the...
- Is your pharmacy a house built on sand? Haggan, Megan // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Feb2010, Vol. 91 Issue 1077, p55
The offers information on the condition of the pharmaceutical industry in Australia in 2010, along with the business strategies of several pharmacy owners. It mentions that pharmacy owners engaged in a practice of selling more generic medicine as part of their strategy to boost their profit. It...
- Partners or Antagonists? Coopman, Robert // Chain Drug Review;8/3/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p38
The article focuses on the history of the relationship between pharmaceutical companies and pharmacy operators. It argues that pharmacies did not create the sale for pharmaceutical companies (pharma), but pharmacy enjoyed a certain level of respect from research pharma as a point contact with...