New Entry In GPS Chip Market
- Valence announces GPS IC is now available. // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p19
Deals with the release by Valence Semiconductor of its VS7001 integrated circuit for global positioning system (GPS) applications. Features; Advantages; Significance of the product to GPS design engineering.
- NOTES. // GPS World;Sep2000, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p72
Reports on developments related to telecommunication and Global Positioning System as of September 2000. Market research to be conducted by Driscoll-Wolfe Marketing & Research Consulting on consumer interest in location-based services; Partnership of the American Automobile Association's...
- THE IMPORTANCE OF GETTING LOST. Bradner, Scott // Network World;12/04/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p56
Comments on the implications and significance of getting lost in light of the explosion of telecommunication technology. Global positioning satellite systems; Concern about the growing ability of individuals to track every movement of other people; Getting lost in thought as the best way of...
- Garmin defends stand-alone GPS market. Shepherd, Grant // Appliance Retailer;Apr2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p22
The article provides an overview on the status of the stand-alone global positioning system (GPS) market in Australia.
- Saving Private Location. Divis, Dee Ann // GPS World;Oct2003, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p10
Discusses the implications of the growing trend on Global Positioning System (GPS) technology in the U.S. Limitations of the GPS; Several categories comprising the tracking technology and application; Consideration of the privacy concerns as the biggest obstacle to the development of commercial...
- THALES PROVIDES MICROZ CGRS STATIONS FOR POLISH GPS CORS. // Worldwide Telecom;Oct2002, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p5
Reports that telecommunications company Thales Navigation is providing Ashtech MicroZ CGRS reference stations to Poland for a pilot Global Positioning System continuously operating reference station network in the Polish province of Silesia.
- Cell-Based Location Services on Target and Japan has Cheapest WLAN. Scuka, Daniel // J@pan Inc.;May2003, Issue 43, p7
Reports on the location-based services in Japan. Comments from Darren Coleman on J-Phone's location service; Global positioning system chip used by KDDI in their navi service; Information on DoCoMo's Ima-Doco? service.
- MITIGATING JAMMING AND MEACONING ATTACKS USING DIRECT GPS POSITIONING. // GPS World;Aug2016, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p49
The article reports on the use of Direct Global Positioning System (GPS) for meaconing attacks and mitigation of jamming.
- This Is War: FCC's Disputed Limits. Davis, Dee Ann // GPS World;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the long-term debate over Global Positioning System spectrum. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) adoption of a position allowing mobile satellite services to augment their from-orbit signals with signals generated on the ground; Use of a ground system collectively called an...