Twelve great achievements in public health
- Statement on the Centers for Disease Control's report on tobacco and youth. Clinton, Bill // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;2/19/96, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p302
Presents United States President Bill Clinton's statement on February 15, 1996 about the US Centers for Disease Control's report on tobacco use among teenagers in the United States.
- Joe Blow. Sullum, Jacob // Reason;Jan99, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p13
Reveals that the rate at which teenagers became daily smokers rose by 50 percent between 1998 and 1996, according to the report by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in October 1998. Example of headlines concerning teenage smoking; Significance of the agency's report.
- TIPS FOR TEENS. // Science Teacher;Oct2000, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p86
Presents information on the publications from the United States Centers for Disease Control & Prevention's Tobacco Information & Prevention Source that can be used by educators to warn students about the dangers of tobacco use. Contact information.
- Use of noncigarette smoked tobacco increases sharply; cigarette use drops. // Pharmacy Today;Sep2012, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p4
The article presents the report from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicating that adult use of cigarette-like cigars and pipe tobacco has sharply increased since 2008.
- NEWS BRIEF/Nicotine Shuffle. // Popular Mechanics;Nov2012, Vol. 189 Issue 11, p24
The article reports on a study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control which states that sales of other smoked tobacco products have dramatically increased.
- TOBACCO USE. N. S. // Education Week;8/29/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
The article discusses the "2011 National Youth Tobacco Survey," a survey regarding the use of tobacco, including cigars, cigarettes, and smokeless tobacco, by U.S. middle and high school students, conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Youth Tobacco Surveillance-United States, 1998-1999. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;10/13/2000 Supplement SS-10, Vol. 49 Issue 40, p1
Summarizes data from the 1998 and 1999 national and state surveys of the Youth Tobacco Surveillance and Evaluation System, developed by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Components of the system; Prevalence of cigarette smoking in middle school and high school...
- Trends in cigarette smoking in adults. // American Family Physician;9/1/1994, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p703
Reports on trends in cigarette smoking in Americans in the 1990s according to a report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of smoking in adults; Prevalence in persons aged 25 to 44 years; Smoking in American Indians/Alaskan natives; Association between smoking and...
- Message Is Heard Consumers Get the Message. // MMR;3/5/2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p13
The article presents information on a report released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) which highlights that the number of people using condoms and other contraceptives are gradually increasing in the U.S.