Been down that path
- Quinidine. // Reactions Weekly;2/13/2016, Vol. 1588 Issue 1, p225
The article presents case study of an 11-year-old girl, who developed QT interval prolongation after she started receiving treatment with quinidine drug.
- Amiodaronun Pulmoner Toksisitesinin Ä°ki FarklÄ± Klinik Formu: LiteratÃ¼r GÃ¶zden GeÃ§irmesi EÅŸliÄŸinde Olgu SunumlarÄ±. ÇAKMAKCI KARADOĞAN, Dilek; ÖZKURT, Sibel; KITER, Göksel; YILDIZ, Ali İhsan; TUNÇ, Pınar // Turkiye Klinikleri Archives of Lung;2012, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p52
Amiodarone is an antiarrhytmic agent that may cause pulmonary toxicity. Pulmonary toxicity cases had been reported even at the use of low doses. We present two cases with amiodarone induced pulmonary toxicity under the dose of 200 mg per day. First case has been using amiodarone for 3 years and...
- Neoadjuvant treatment in locally advanced rectal cancer. AKGUN, Zuleyha; KAYTAN SAGLAM, Esra // Marmara Medical Journal;2015 Special Issue, Vol. 28, p16
The optimal treatment for locally advanced rectal cancer remains an issue of debate. The surgery with total mesorectal excision (TME) still is the standard of care. In contrast to TME, the addition of adjuvant or neoadjuvant therapy is necessary in terms of local disease control and to increase...
- A â€˜health system' perspective on scaling up hospital cataract services. Bhatia, Tazeem // Community Eye Health Journal;2015, Vol. 28 Issue 91, p56
The article focuses on cataracts, known to be a major cause for blindness, cataract operation, and the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended six building blocks healthcare system.
- Length of treatment for VTE. // Clinical Cardiology Alert;Feb2012 Pharmacology Watch, p1
The article offers information on the study concerning the treatment duration for patients with venous thromboembolism (VTE) wherein additional year of the factor Xa inhibitor apixaban may benefit the patients.
- Glucocorticoids are forever? Hoes, Jos N.; Jacobs, Johannes W. G.; Bijlsma, Johannes W. J. // Rheumatology;Nov2011, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p1940
The authors reflect on the use of glucocorticoids (GC) as anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive drugs for a broad range of systemic autoimmune diseases, particularly rheumatoid arthritis (RA). They examine the prescription of long-term GCs in The Health Improvement Network (THIN) database of...
- CIPROFLOXACIN FOR SEVEN DAYS MAY BE AS EFFECTIVE AS 14 DAYS FOR ACUTE PYELONEPHRITIS IN WOMEN. Ehrlich, Alan // Clinical Advisor;May2013, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p91
The article discusses a study, which found that ciprofloxacin administered for 7 days may be equally effective as it being used for 14 days as a first-line treatment for uncomplicated acute pyelonephritis in nonpregnant women. There was no significant difference in overall rates of adverse...
- Androgen blockade can be cut from 36 to 18 months. Goodman, Alice // Urology Times;Apr2013, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the results of a phase III study on patients with prostate cancer. The study showed that patients with high-risk prostate cancer who undergo 18 months of androgen blockade have lived as long as those who have 36 months of treatment. Dr. Abdenour Nabid of Centre Hospitalier...
- Duration of antibiotic therapy in bacteraemia. Wise, Matt P.; Morgan, Matt P. G.; Saayman, Anton G. // Critical Care;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p10590
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Duration of antibiotic therapy for bacteremia: a systematic review and meta-analysis," by T. C. Havey and colleagues in a 2011 issue.