Canadians confused and conflicted over sun protection products
- UV Radiation Protective Clothing. Biswa Ranjan Das // Open Textile Journal;2010, Vol. 3, p14
The incidence of skin cancer has been rising worldwide due to excessive exposure to sunlight. Elevated exposure to ultraviolet radiation component of sunlight results in skin damages; such as sunburn, premature skin ageing, allergies and skin cancer. Medical experts suggest several means of...
- Use of sunscreens and vitamins in the daily-use cosmetic. Gonzenbach, Rassat H.; Pittet, G.H. // DCI;Dec97, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p16
Presents the study on the photoaging of skin by ultraviolet-alpha rays (UV-A) conducted by D.L. Bisset. Development of effective protective daily-use formulations; Considerations for formulating with Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (BM-DBM); Conclusions of the study.
- LENSES-Material Performance. // 20/20;Mar2014, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p150
The article offers information on radiation protection materials that are inherently 100 percent ultraviolet (UV) absorptive are Trivex material, new Tribrid, polycarbonate, and also talks about lens treatments like photochromics an polarization or combinations of the two material.
- Get Smart about Sun Care. // Prevention;Feb2014, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p56
The article discusses an Australian study which found that snow reflects more ultraviolet rays thus increases exposure to cancer and wrinkles causing rays and it recommends to use the broad spectrum Sun Protection Factor (SPF) 30 sunscreen to protect oneself from UV rays.
- Stop Sensitive Skin From Looking Older. // Tennessee Tribune;1/20/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p7B
The article offers guidelines for preventing skin sensitivity, dryness, and skin aging which include using products that protect sensitive skin such as StriVectin-SD Sensitive Skin which reduces the appearance of facial wrinkles, protecting the skin from the sun by using sunscreen, and avoiding...
- Studies identify angiogenesis in photodamage development. Guttman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;Oct2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p34
Reports the inhibition of angiogenesis as a strategy for preventing photodamage in Washington. Mechanisms underlying photodamage development; Association of vascular changes with photodamage; Role of angiogenesis in the biological development of Ultra violet B-induced skin damage.
- Sunscreen has a greater anti-aging effect than any other cream or lotion. // Skin Cancer Foundation Journal;2014, Vol. 32, p24
The article discusses the use of sunscreen as an anti-aging cream or lotion which help shield skin from the ultraviolet radiation from the sun and offers prevention guidelines for skin aging which include to avoid tanning and to cover up with clothing, hat or umbrella to avoid exposure to the sun.
- The Joy of Wearing Sunscreen. Draelos, Zoe Diana // Skin Cancer Foundation Journal;2014, Vol. 32, p25
The article discusses the concept of the word sunscreen, which use to protect skin from aging and cancer due to the ultraviolet radiation from the sun wherein sunscreen-containing moisturizer provides a great-looking, wrinkle-free and a baby-fresh skin.
- Occupational UVR skin protection by make-up. Bonner, R.; Khazova, M.; O'Hagan, J. B.; Squire, H. // Radiation Protection Dosimetry;Mar2012, Vol. 148 Issue 4, p498
New legislation has been introduced in the Member States of the European Union, covering worker exposure to artificial optical radiation. Use of make-up could reduce the ultraviolet hazard level and provide additional protection for skin against UV radiation (UVR). This is particularly important...