European probiotics industry fears regulations will scuttle market for health-promoting or disease-preventing foods
- Industry fights EU's ban on the term 'probiotic'. // Food Manufacture;Dec2012, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p4
The article presents information on the ban imposed by the European Union (EU) on the use of the term 'probiotic' on food packaging and marketing materials. The food industry opposes this decision, and is raising its voice against it. The ban will be effective in Great Britain from December 14,...
- EU health policy needs nursing input -- EFN. // World of Irish Nursing & Midwifery;Mar2006, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p14
The article reports on the view, expressed in a publication by Health First Europe that was launched in the European Parliament in February 2006, that nurses lack the opportunity to influence European Union health reforms because of outdated attitudes within leadership. The view was outlined by...
- EFSA leaves door open to claims for probiotics. Hegarty, Ronan // Grocer;10/30/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7979, p8
The article reports that suppliers can still make health claims regarding probiotic ingredients despite the ruling issued by European Union (EU) scientists that they had not proved their case in October 2010.
- Why can't we be European? Darrington, Hugh // Food Manufacture;Feb99, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p3
Opinion. Comments on why some food manufacturing companies in Great Britain do not want to go the whole way and commit to the European market. Advantages of participating in this important market; Business reason why Great Britain is not interested in signing up to the European Monetary Union.
- General news. // Food Manufacture;Sep97, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p5
Presents news briefs pretaining to the European Union and the food industry. Number of food products granted protected status under the European Union policy in Britain; Identification of the sponsors of the International Cheese Show; Terms of the agreement made between Dr Jack Cunningham,...
- EU food law under review. Turner, Alan // Food Manufacture;Sep97, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p51
Focuses on European Union Green paper food law. Aims of the paper; How the law will protect consumers; Emphasis on the importance of the food and drink sector.
- A flavour of EU policy. // Food Manufacture;Feb2010, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p75
The article reports on the food policy report "What's cooking in the EU?" produced and launched by the European Crisis Management Patrnership (ECMP) for food labelling and sustainability, food safety, and information on new food processing technologies throughout the European Union (EU) countries.
- An Evaluation of European Countries' Health Systems through Distance Based Analysis. Jeremic, V.; Bulajic, M.; Martic, M.; Markovic, A.; Savic, G.; Jeremic, D.; Radojicic, Z. // Hippokratia;Apr2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p170
Introduction: The issue of evaluating the efficiency of health systems has been elaborated upon frequently. Since "health" is a multi-faceted concept, many variables of different measurement units must be included in its analysis; consequently, this presents a great obstacle for researchers to...
- Health Challenges Mount for Europe. O'Donnell, Peter // Applied Clinical Trials;Dec2014/Jan2015, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses the roles and responsibilities of Executive Director position of European Medicines Agency (EMA), which was held by Guido Rasi and his likely successor, Vytenis Andriukaitis. Topics discussed include Andriukaitis getting support from members of the European Parliament...