PCIA: "Where The Market Rules"
- IWCE sets new domestic, international attendance records in 1997. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul97, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p55
Reports on international attendance at the International Wireless Communications Expo held on April 22-24, 1997 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Increase in registration, visitors, and exhibitor participation.
- Cellular carriers share worldwide wireless concerns, successes. Wayne, Debra // RCR;08/25/97, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p16
Presents information on the Second International Executive Forum, between leaders of the United States cellular telecommunications industry and those from Scandinavia and Western Europe in Stockholm, Sweden, to plan for the industry's future. Number of countries represented; Details on the...
- A celebratory showdown. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/24/97, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p54
Focuses on issues raised concerning the global system for mobile communications (GSM) technology during the 1997 GSM in North America conference. Competition facing GSM from other technologies; Discussions on milestones achieved in GSM development; Focus on keeping GSM from being stranded on...
- Roam around the world? Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/24/97, Vol. 233 Issue 21, p55
Highlights discussions held at the North American global system for mobile communication (GSM) technology held in November 1997, concerning nationwide roaming. Methods considered by the technology's supporters for connecting their networks; Issues considered in nationwide roaming; Inroads made...
- AGA Research Panel Discussion: Mobile Transactions. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;11/13/2012, p8
The article offers information on the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) Research Panel Discussion: Mobile Transactions complimentary breakfast event to be held on January 23, 2013 in Washington, D.C.
- TWICE Webinar On Tablets, Smartphones And Accessories. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/8/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p6
The article offers information on the webinar "Tablets, Smartphones & the Accessories That Go With Them," to be held on September 27, 2011.
- Scanning... Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p4
Editorial. Reports on changes concerning the membership sections of the Personal Communications Industry Association. Name change of the Association of Communications Technicians to the Alliance of Wireless Communications Engineers and Technicians; Formation of the Mobile Wireless...
- PCIA embraces LMDS contingent. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/31/98, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p11
Annouces a plan to create a membership council which would represent local multipoint distribution services (LMDS) operators by the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA). What is LMDS; Information the PCIA; Comments from Jay Kitchen, president of the PCIA.
- PCIA backs limits for SMR auction. // RCR;09/01/97, Vol. 16 Issue 35, p1
Looks at the request of the Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA) that the Federal Communications Commission allow wireless carriers to participate in an upcoming auction for market areas in the MHz-860 MHz band. Other suggestions by the association; Comments from Donald Vasek,...