Global Slump Draws Worries
- Sticking To One's Knitting. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;06/18/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p4
Comments on the distraction of the wireless telecommunication industry from building adequate communication backbone by focusing on wireless Internet. Effect of the decrease in wireless phone sales projection by Nokia Corp. to its stock price; Views on the Mobile Services Initiative of the GSM...
- Deflationary Depressions? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov98, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p10
Comments on the effects of recessions to the telecommunication industry in Asia. Efforts of the industry to weather the recession in 1998; Stability of the global market.
- Market diary. // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p6
Presents a graph showing changes in the telecommunications market as of November 10, 1997.
- Businesses pick up on potential of telecommunications. Telfer, George F.W. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/5/95, Vol. 15 Issue 48, p6
Reports on how New Orleans, La.-based businesses are discovering the potential of telecommunications. Use of the Internet in conducting international business; Introduction of the International Business Exchange to the area.
- The last mile. Reier, Sharon // FW;5/23/95, Vol. 164 Issue 12, p46
Focuses on why United States companies are investing billions of dollars in the phone service industry in Great Britain. British regulators' opening of the British phone market to nearly any player from any country; Improvement in the cable industry because of the addition of telephone service...
- chapter 5: Key Sectors. // Chile Business Forecast Report;2007 3rd Quarter, p44
The article presents an analysis on the performance of the telecommunications industry in Chile, including its mobile and broadband market.
- The tragedy of the telecommons: Government pricing of unbundled network elements under the... Sidak, J. Gregory; Spulber, Daniel F. // Columbia Law Review;May97, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p1081
Focuses on the government pricing of unbundled network elements (UNEs) under the telecommunications act of 1996. Discussion on the pricing of government mandated access to UNEs; Perception on the pricing rule for the states to apply when administering sections 251 and 252 that is appropriate on...
- History in the making. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;1/3/94, Vol. 226 Issue 1, p3
Opinion. Comments on the changes affecting the telecommunications industry in 1994. Effect of the changes on the corporate level; Emergence of the personal communications service (PCS) as a competitor for the cellular operators; Growth of competition in the competitive access and long distance...
- Brazil revamps telecom for global competition. Silton, Michael M. // Business Communications Review;May94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p53
Focuses on the effect of Brazil's economic development on the nation's telecommunications industry. Restricting policies for foreign markets in the 1980s; Fernando Collor's election to presidency; Expanding subscriber access in public network; International Data Corp.; Popularity of...