SALON. The Anfortas question
- Parzival/Titurel. Carey, Stephen Mark // Speculum;Jan2006, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p291
The article reviews the book "Parzival," by Wolfrom von Eschenbach.
- The Sorrow & the pity. Mermelstein, David // New Criterion;Nov2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p55
Focuses on the opera titled 'Parsifal.' Factors that make the opera unique from all other operas; Details on the pseudo-religious aspects of the opera; Information on making of the play; Characters of the opera; Inspiration for the play from Wolfram von Eschenbach's epic poem 'Parzival.'
- Guide to records. Barker // American Record Guide;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p212
Reviews a music recording featuring Wolfram von Eschenbach's `Titurel,' performed by Reinhold Wiedenmann and Osvaldo Parisi.
- â€ždÃ´ reit er, ern wiste warâ€œ -- Zeit und (Liminal)Raum in Wolframs von Eschenbach â€žParzivalâ€œ und Richard Wagners â€žParsifalâ€œ. Emilia Dumitriu, Liliana // Brathair;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p39
The present essay deals with the aspects of space and time in the two works: "Parzival" by Wolfram von Eschenbach and "Parsifal" by Richard Wagner under the point of view of the changeover of Parzival/Parsifal to his determined position as King of the Holy Grail. In this phase of liminality, the...
- GAHMURET UND BELAKANE TEXTKRITIK UND INTERPRETATION. Baisch, Martin // Amsterdamer BeitrÃ¤ge zur Ã„lteren Germanistik;2009, Vol. 65, p117
The article offers an interpretation of the character of fictional king Gahmuret and fictional queen Belacane from the German legend "Parzival" by Wolfram von Eschenbach. Variations in the text of manuscripts of von Eschenbach's book are analyzed and the social roles of knights, kings, and...
- Parzival's Pericardial Puncture. Farrar, W. Edmund // Annals of Internal Medicine;May80, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p640
Describes the performance of aspiration of the pericardium in the medieval German heroic poem 'Parzival,' written by Wolfram von Eschenbach in 1200. Performance of the procedure in 1819 by Romero; Excerpts from the poem describing the procedure; Background on Wolfram.
- THE QUEST OF NARRATOR, HERO AND AUDIENCE IN WOLFRAM VON ESCHENBACH'S PARZIVAL. Poag, James F. // Renascence;Summer1983, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p247
The article analyzes Wolfram Von Eschenbach's epic poem "Parzival." The author provides his observation on poetry during the twelfth and early thirteenth century and how it is reflected in "Parzival. Other topics covered include the depiction of the Holy Grail in the poem, the metanoia...
- Wolfram van Eschenbach. Ein Handbuch. Band 1: Autor, Werk, Wirkung; Band 2: Figuren-Lexikon, Beschreibendes Verzeichnis der Handschriften, Bibliographien, Register, Abbildungen. SEEBER, STEFAN // Medium Aevum;2013, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p159
The article reviews volumes one and two of the multivolume book "Wolfram van Eschenbach: Ein Handbuch," including "Wolfram van Eschenbach: Ein Handbuch: Autor, Werk, Wirkung: and "Wolfram van Eschenbach: Ein Handbuch: Figuren-Lexikon, Beschreibendes Verzeichnis der Handschriften, Bibliographien,...
- Parsifal. KINDERMAN, WILLIAM // St. James Opera Encyclopedia;2001, p599
An encyclopedia entry for "Parsifal" is presented. The opera was composed by Richard Wagner and was first performed ay Bayreuth Festspielhaus in Germany on July 26, 1882. It is Wagner's final work and the culmination of his long career. Its text is based on the medieval epic poem "Parzifal," by...