New Practitioners Forum. Followership: Nontraditional leadership roles for new practitioners
- Make every encounter count. MCDONOUGH, RANDY P. // Pharmacy Today;Oct2015, p54
The article the importance of community pharmacists to evaluate the pharmacy practice in order to ensure the patient undergo effective therapy and achieve better health outcomes and notes that continuous medication monitoring (CMM) is essential for a successful pharmacy practice.
- Authentic Leadership: An Empirical Test of Its Antecedents, Consequences, and Mediating Mechanisms. Peus, Claudia; Wesche, Jenny; Streicher, Bernhard; Braun, Susanne; Frey, Dieter // Journal of Business Ethics;May2012, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p331
The recent economic crisis as well as other disasters such as the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico or the nuclear disaster in Japan has fanned calls for leaders who do not deny responsibility, hide information, and deceive others, but rather lead with authenticity and integrity. In this article,...
- Pharmacy practice residency programs. Pochop, Sarah // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;8/1/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 15, p1562
The article presents information about the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)-accredited pharmacy practice residency programs in the United States. A pharmacy practice residency is an organized, directed, postgraduate training program of at least one year's duration in a...
- Don't let the noise stop you. McDonough, Randy // Pharmacy Today;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p50
The article offers tips on what should be considered in considering a new service or career change. The author presents his personal experience on planning for pharmacy ownership which his friends, accountant, and lawyer opposed due to its possible financial implications and he consulted his...
- Should a Pharmacy Dean be a Pharmacist? Bell, Hershey S. // American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education;2015, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1
The author discusses the qualification of a pharmacy dean in pharmacy professional education and practice. Topics discussed include the leadership representation of pharmacy education among health professional programs, the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) Standard Eight that...
- Ethical Leader Behavior and Big Five Factors of Personality. Kalshoven, Karianne; Den Hartog, Deanne; De Hoogh, Annebel // Journal of Business Ethics;May2011, Vol. 100 Issue 2, p349
Most research on ethical leadership to date investigates the consequences of ethical leadership rather than its antecedents. Here, we aim to contribute to this field by studying leader personality as a potential antecedent of ethical leader behavior. In two multisource studies, we investigated...
- An Empirical Study of Leader Ethical Values, Transformational and Transactional Leadership, and Follower Attitudes Toward Corporate Social Responsibility. Groves, Kevin; LaRocca, Michael // Journal of Business Ethics;Nov2011, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p511
Several leadership and ethics scholars suggest that the transformational leadership process is predicated on a divergent set of ethical values compared to transactional leadership. Theoretical accounts declare that deontological ethics should be associated with transformational leadership while...
- Pharm D: A new concept in India. Deshpande, Prasanna R.; Farooq, K. K. Ahsan; John, Dijo M.; Rao, E. Jagadeswara // Journal of Pharmacy & Bioallied Sciences;Jan-Mar2012, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p84
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about Pharm D regulations in 2008 in the May 27, 2011 issue.
- Am I wasting my time studying pharmacy? Vahedi, Shervin // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Nov2011, Vol. 92 Issue 1098, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in which a second year pharmacy student of the University of Queensland has raised his concern about the future of pharmacy as a profession in Australia.