Appointment & Promotion
- HHS names national health IT coordinator. // AHA News;3/30/2009, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p2
The article announces the appointment of David Blumenthal as national coordinator for health information technology of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- Inspector general nominee has familiar name. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;06/11/2001, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p12
Features Janet Rehquist, nominee for inspector general of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. Career background; Job description of the inspector general's office; Controversy on Rehquist's nomination.
- Veteran inspectors eyed to succeed Rehnquist. Taylor, Mark // Modern Healthcare;5/12/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the potential successors of Janet Rehnquist as inspector general of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services when upon the effectivity of her resignation on June 1, 2003. Information on Rehnquist; Predecessor of the out-going inspector general; Job qualifications needed for...
- Is HHS aide stepping down? // National Journal;8/10/96, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p1679
Reports on Wendell E. Primus' plan to resign as a deputy assistant secretary for the US Department of Health and Human Services. Primus as deputy assistant secretary for planning and evaluation.
- Department of Health and Human Services. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p423
A list of officials in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is presented, which include Secretary of Health & Human Services Michael O. Leavitt, Deputy Secretary Tevi D. Troy, and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Julie Louise Gerberding.
- Who are you? Baker-Miller, Donna // Modern Healthcare;5/3/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p25
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "New U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Regional Directors Named" in the April 7, 2010 issue.
- Professional Notes. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Jun2009, p116
The article announces the appointment of lesbian attorney Kathy Greenlee as assistant secretary of the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services for the administration on aging.
- Ex-ANA president named to key advisory post. // AHA News;03/02/98, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p3
Informs the appointment of Virginia Trotter Betts as a senior adviser on nursing policy to the Department of Health and Human Services in the United States. Position held by Betts at American Nurses Association; Issues where Betts will work on; Comment of Health and Human Services Secretary...
- Senate committee approves HHS general counsel. Baker, Sam // Hill;2/27/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p16
The article reports on the U.S. Senate Finance Committee's approval of the nomination of William Schultz as top lawyer of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).