New drugs and dosage forms
- Acne advantages. Guttman, Cheryl // Dermatology Times;Feb2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the disclosure made by dermatologist Lawrence F. Eichenfield that an investigational foam preparation of clindamycin phosphate 1 percent (Actiza) provides a safe, effective and well-tolerated treatment for acne vulgaris. Clinical trial results presented at the annual Hawaii...
- Mesalamine suppository improves compliance. // Drug Topics;11/22/2004, Vol. 148 Issue 22, p6
Reports that Mesalamine has been approved in a 1-gram suppository dosage form, to be administered once per day for the treatment of ulcerative proctitis.
- Clinical Dosage Determination of a New Aromatase Inhibitor, Anastrozole, in Postmenopausal Japanese Women with Advanced Breast Cancer. Nomura, Y.; Koyama, H.; Ohashi, Y.; Watanabe, H. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2000, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p357
Objective: To determine the recommended clinical dosage in Japan of a new aromatase inhibitor, anastrozole. Design and Setting: A randomised, nonblinded, dose-comparative clinical pharmacology study was performed in healthy postmenopausal Japanese women, followed by a multicentre, randomised,...
- EVENTS. // Pharmaceutical Technology;Aug2013, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p12
A calendar of two events for the U.S. from September to October 2013 is presented including formulation and process development for oral dosage forms and validation week.
- Split Your Pills..Split Your Costs. Dunkin, Mary Anne; Baker, Stacy // Arthritis Today;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on savings from buying pills. Conditions by which pills should not be split; Tool for cutting pills.
- Split Decision on Pills. // Good Housekeeping;Dec2009, Vol. 249 Issue 6, p60
The article reports on a research at the University of Arizona College of Pharmacy which found that when researchers halved 15 tablets each of six commonly divided medications, nearly a quarter of the half-pills were outside the standard allowable variation.
- HOW TO MAKE THE PILL WORK BETTER. // Glamour;Sep2003, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p121
Provides advice on how to make the pill work better.
- New drugs and dosage forms. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;4/1/2010, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p504
The article offers information on new drugs and its dosage forms including the antibiotic Aztreonam from Gilead Sciences, the Lamotrigine extended-release tablets from GlaxoSmithKline, and the Pramipexole dihydrochloride extended-release tablets from Boehringer Ingelheim.
- SPLIT DECISION. Harkness, Richard // Prevention;Jan2009, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p32
The article presents a list of pills which are suitable for splitting to reduce drug costs, including atorvastatin (Lipitor), citalopram (Celexa), and clonzepam (Klonopin).