Obama Stands Firm On Education Agenda Amid Qualms From Lawmakers, Advocates
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A quest for answers. Jackson, Larry P. // Jackson Advocate;6/7/2012, Vol. 74 Issue 34, p4A
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) supporting U.S. President Barack Obama's "Gay is the Way" program.
- Obama Administration's Climate Change Report Championed by NAACP. // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;5/14/2014, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p9
The article reports on the agreement of the African-American civil rights organization National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) with the climate change assessment report released by the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- NAACP Censures Black USDA Official For White Farmer Snub. Remmers, Jerry K. // Moderate Voice;7/20/2010, p8
The article reports that the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) has warned U.S. President Barack Obama of the possible threat to his life.
- A plan that works. ROSE, MIKE // American Teacher;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses U.S. President Barack Obama's stimulus package for the country's public schools as of November 2011. It states that due to budget cuts, many teachers are being laid off, and many essential services are being reduced. It reports that Obama proposes to address these problems...
- Clashing Views on K-12 Aid Shape Budget Fight. Klein, Alyson // Education Week;3/30/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p17
The article discusses government funding for education programs in the U.S. in light of a deadline for the creation of a government spending bill by the U.S. Congress on April 8, 2011. It addresses budget cuts to funding of government programs and the perspectives of Republican and Democratic...
- REPARATIONS SUPERFUND: NEEDED NOW MORE THAN EVER. Franklin, V. P. // Journal of African American History;Fall2012, Vol. 97 Issue 4, p371
The author contends that in the U.S. President Barack Obama's second term he should establish what is referred to as a "Reparations Superfund," which would use funding from financial institutions and corporations for African Americans' education. The author argues that the National Association...
- Reform, Funding Changes Featured in Obama Fiscal 2011 Education Budget Plan. // Educational Marketer;2/15/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the 49.7 billion U.S. dollar discretionary budget proposal for the U.S. Department of Education for fiscal 2011 by U.S. President Barack Obama. U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan stresses that Obama's budget proposal lays out a new vision for reforming the nation's...
- (EDUCATION ) Obama to Increase Education Spending, Overhaul NCLB Funding. // Children & Youth Funding Report;2/5/2010, p5
The article reports on the 7.5% increase of education spending and the overhauling of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) appropriations categories stated in the U.S. President Barack Obama's federal year (FY) 2011 budget proposal. The proposal seeks to increase the Education Department's spending...
- Alarms Sounded As Federal-Aid Ax Heaves Into View. Klein, Alyson // Education Week;8/8/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 37, p1
The article presents information on U.S. federal aid budget cuts for education in 2012. The author looks at the 2012 presidential election between U.S. presidential candidate Mitt Romney and U.S. President Barack Obama, Michael Griffith, senior school finance analyst for the U.S. Education...