MISSOURI: Court Rules for Charters
- People should rule on education. Flynn, Mike // Journal of Business (10756124);9/24/2015, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p8
The author comments on the ruling issued by the Washington state Supreme Court in September 2015 on the unconstitutionality of charter schools.
- Can Being Passive be a Good Thing? Missouri Supreme Court Rules that Interest on Funds Invested by Out of State Parent is Nonapportionable Income. Allan, John M.; Lochridge, Robert D. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2005 Q2, p1
The article discusses a decision by the Missouri Supreme Court (SC) in a taxation of passive income case in March 2005. Medicine Shoppes International Inc. entered into an investment management agreement with Cardinal. The SC ruled that since the interest that Medicine Shoppes received was not...
- Walking Out on the Check: How Missouri Abandoned Its Public Defenders and Left the Poor to Foot the Bill. Dandurand, Chris // Missouri Law Review;Winter2011, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p185
The article discusses the case State ex rel. Missouri Public Defender Commission v. Pratte and reflects the Missouri Supreme Courts' judgment regarding the efforts of the Missouri State Public Defender System (MSPD) to cope with its drastically insufficient level of funding. It explains the writ...
- REPORT OF THE OFFICE OF CHIEF DISCIPLINARY COUNSEL. // Journal of the Missouri Bar;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p290
The article focuses on the reports of the office of the Chief Disciplinary Counsel and the treasurer of the Advisory Committee Fund for the year 2012 presented in the Supreme Court of Missouri. It discusses various disciplinary actions taken including disbarment, stay in suspension orders and a...
- Centene Plaza Redev. Corp. v. Mint Props. Chickos, Aaron // Urban Lawyer;Fall2007, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p1058
The article focuses on the case of Centene Plaza Redevelopment Corp. vs. Mint Properties on the alleged "blighted" area in Clayton, Missouri. The plaintiff is a redevelopment corporation, while the defendant is a group of property owners in Clayton. The Missouri Supreme Court held that an area...
- Advocates seek to broaden Calif. charter schools law. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;3/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the efforts to broaden California's charter schools law. University sponsorship; Seismic safety; Liberalization of the rules of charter schools.
- Charter group says Minnesota has best charter school law. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/21/2011, p2
The article focuses on the report "Measuring Up to the Model: A Ranking of State Public Charter School Laws," from the National Alliance for Public Charter Schools, which concluded that the state of Minnesota has the best and Mississippi has the worst law.
- From charters to pilots, Boston offers a variety of small-school options. Hendrie, Caroline // Education Week;05/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p19
Presents information on charter schools in Boston, Massachusetts. Details on law passed in 1993; Reference made to the Howard Mann pilot school.
- Calif. reaches `historic' charter school agreement. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;05/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 34, p20
Reports on the bill passed in California during the week of April 29th, 1998 which offered legality of the state's charter school. Significance of bill; Voting on the bill; Comments from legislators; Number of charter schools in the United States.