MBIA Talks 2Q Gain; Ambac Still Warns of Bankruptcy
- MBIA, Ambac Parent Companies Try To Assuage Some Market Concerns. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/8/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32874, p6
The article reports on the effort of MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group, the holding companies for two of the market's largest bond insurers, to assuage some market concerns in the U.S. Both companies have released the details of their first-quarter business activities to communicate with...
- Assured Guaranty CEO Hails Decision to Recapitalize Connie Lee. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;9/4/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32954, p6
The article reports on the commendation of Assured Guaranty Ltd. chief executive officer Dominic Frederico regarding the decision of Ambac Financial Group Inc. to recapitalize Connie Lee Insurance Co. in the U.S. Frederico believes that the move represents a positive sign for the bond insurance...
- MBIA and Ambac Go Separate Ways in European Insurance Industry. Carpenter, Sheri // Bond Buyer;03/23/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30855, p30
Reports that the MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. will no longer work jointly to develop and land financial guaranty insurance business in Europe. Growing maturity of the market in Europe; Development of the international bond insurance market.
- Ambac, MBIA Don't Expect US Airways Exposure to Lead to Losses. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p4
Reports the decision to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with the exposure to U.S. Airways by Ambac Financial Group Inc. Estimation of net exposure to the beleaguered airline; Existence of 18 to 24 months of liquidity support for bond issuers with the sale and release of aircraft;...
- Ambac Financial Nixes Wisconsin Regulator's Bankruptcy Proposal. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p3
The article reports that lawyers for Ambac Financial Group Inc. are not accepting the bankruptcy plan submitted by the Wisconsin insurance regulator and will issue its own plan in June 2011.
- MBIA Inc. Chairman Jay Brown Declined $1.5 Million Bonus in 2008. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;3/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33078, p7
The article reports on the refusal of MBIA Inc. chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) Jay Brown of a $1.5 million bonus offered by the company's board in 2008 based on a Securities and Exchange Commission. Brown received $437,500 in salary last year and that his salary will remain at...
- Gary Dunton to Replace Jay Brown As MBIA Inc.'s New Chief Executive. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p6
Announces the appointment of president Gary Dunton as CEO of insurance company MBIA Inc., replacing Jay Brown. Views of Dunton on the state of the insurance industry.
- Bond Insurers: MBIA, Ambac Stocks Picked Up the Pace Late in 2001. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;1/3/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31296, p6
Reports on an increase in stock prices of Ambac Financial Group Inc. and MBIA Inc. Corporate profile of both the companies; Corporate profit of Ambac for the fourth quarter of the year 2001; Ratings given to the stock companies by rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- MBIA, Ambac Stocks Slide in September. Smith, Aaron // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p6
Focuses on the decline in the stock value for publicly traded bonds of MBIA Inc. and Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. Factors affecting bond insurance stocks; Percentage lost by MBIA; Buy rating of bond insurers.