Michigan Agency to Issue $198M Of Notes for Detroit Public Schools
- DPS Shows the Spending. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;3/9/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33479, p7
The article reports that Detroit Public Schools (DPS) has initiated a series of public tours and community meetings to present how it will spend the 500 million dollars bond-funded capital improvement plan.
- ROBERT BOBB, Emergency financial manager, Detroit Public Schools Detroit. Beene, Ryan // Crain's Detroit Business;1/4/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on Detroit Public Schools' emergency financial manager Robert Bobb's professional achievements in 2009 in Michigan. To begin an audit and restructuring of the distressed district, Bobb assembled a team of financial turnaround experts, investigators and academic personnel in...
- DPS board approves $92 million loan. // Michigan Citizen;8/11/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 40, pA4
The article reports on the approval made by the Detroit Board of Education of a resolution borrowing 92 million dollars to cover the cost of the 2013-2014 school year for Detroit Public Schools.
- Detroit Schools In Dire Straits. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/5/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33161, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Detroit Public Schools (DPS) to file for bankruptcy as it experienced major financial difficulties in Michigan. It states that the public school is in need to issue 1.1 billion dollars of new debt over the next six years to finance the rebuilding of nearly...
- OTHER VOICES: DPS needs help, not talk, from business. Dunavent, Shannon // Crain's Detroit Business;8/9/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p9
In this article, the author says that instead of fighting over the management of Detroit Public Schools in Michigan, local businesses and people should help the schools.
- Student talent on display at the DIA. // Michigan Citizen;4/8/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 22, pA8
The article offers information on the 75th annual Detroit Public Schools (DPS) Student Exhibition to be held at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) in Detroit, Michigan from April 28 to June 3, 2012.
- KEITH CRAIN: Three cheers for a new kind of democracy. CRAIN, KEITH // Crain's Detroit Business;7/5/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p6
The article presents the author's comments on the elected school board for the Detroit Public Schools, in Michigan, including emergency financial manager Robert Bobb.
- MICHIGAN: DPS Fights for Control. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;8/22/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33769, p7
The article presents information on the measures taken by the school district of Detroit, Detroit Public Schools (DPS) including hiring of a superintendent, filling of a lawsuit against the state and firing of districts spokesman after the suspension of Michigan's emergency management law.
- Voters: 'EM, pack your bigs!'. Kelly, T. // Michigan Citizen;11/11/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, pA1
The article reports on the message of voters sent to Detroit Public School (DPS) Emergency Manager Roy Roberts and other emergency managers (EMs) to continue the manage rule in Detroit, Michigan.