Louisiana College System Keeps Up Capital Work With $69M Sale
- Legislators Propose $1.5B Referendum for Detroit Schools. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p7
Reports on the proposed bond sales for the Detroit City School District by the lawmakers in Michigan. Support for the continuing capital improvements in the district; Education of voters about the capital needs of the school district; Consideration of the need for infrastructure development.
- Colorado School District to Sell $95 Million of GOs to Keep Pace. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p36
Focuses on Colorado-based Adams County School District Number 12 officials' plan to issue general obligations bonds. Goal of taking advantage of a strong market for issuers; Part of a five-year capital improvement program designed to help the district keep pace with a rapidly growing student...
- Oakland Unified Schools Selling $100 Million Deal for Capital Improvements. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p5
Reports that the Oakland Unified School District of California is pricing general obligation bonds in a competitive sale on June 5, 2001. Plan to use the deal to fund various capital improvement projects; Rating received by the bonds from Moody's Investors Service.
- Arizona lawmakers consider ending school GO sales. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;03/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30355, p3
Focuses on the deliberation by the Arizona state legislature on a proposal to eliminate the ability of school districts to issue general obligation bonds to equalize capital spending among property-rich and property-poor school districts. Opposition from richer school districts; Provisions in...
- CALIFORNIA: Yolo to Vote on School GOs. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;8/3/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32684, p9
The article reports that Yolo County Board of Supervisors has approved the Measure S for placement of the general election ballot on August 2, 2007 in California. The initiative asks of a $59 million general obligation (GO) bond authorization in behalf of Washington Unified School District...
- Alaska's Governor Wary of Capital Spending Package. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;05/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30895, p3
Reports that Alaska Governor Tony Knowles remains undecided about whether to sign off on a capital spending package that contains funds for the state's educational needs. Original amount requested by Knowles; Bonds to be secured by the state's anticipated income from the national tobacco...
- Alabama Goes to Market With $50M of Bonds for Education. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32807, p32
The article reports on the return of the Alabama Public School and College Authority (APSCA) in the market on February 5, 2008 with the competitive sale of about $50 million of capital improvement bonds just two months after selling $1.07 billion of debt in the state's largest-single bond issue....
- Conflict Ahead Over California School Bonds. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;1/15/2015, p1
California Gov. Jerry Brown's budget dedicates additional funding to schools from boosted revenues for operating costs, but he proposes to shut down the state's K-12 school bond program.
- Tulsa School Districts Seeks $354M for Capital Improvements. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/9/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33230, p4
The article announces that the Tulsa County Independent School District Number One is seeking 354 million for capital improvements. Included in the project list of the school district are 261.4 million for school construction and renovation of facilities, 61.3 million for textbooks and...