Austin to Seek Voters' Approval for $90 Million of Transportation GOs
- Election results. Haywood, Charlesetta // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p14
Presents referendum results in Mississippi and Oklahoma for planned municipal bond offerings. Includes approval in the Oxford School District, Mississippi; Davis School District, Oklahoma; Murray County, Oklahoma.
- San Antonio Sets GO Date. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33666, p7
The article reports that the San Antonio City Council in Texas has set the election date for the city's request for 596 million dollars of general obligation (GO) bond authority to finance infrastructure projects on May 12, 2012.
- ARIZONA Tucson's Pricey Pamphlet. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/24/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33752, p9
The article informs that Tucson, Arizona residents have been asked to submit their opinion in the official voter pamphlet on the Arizona city's 100 million U.S. dollars general obligation bond referendum.
- Bond measures win big with voters. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p1
Discusses the results of municipal bond-related referendums held in November 1999 in the United States. Voters' approval for proposed municipal bonds to help finance government projects; Voters' rejection of sports-related bonds.
- Voters support bond-friendly policies and candidates. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;11/4/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30762, p17
Reports on the November 2, 1999, municipal bond-related referendums in the United States. Includes Washington state voters' approval for the Initiative 695, a tax limitation measure; Ohio voters' agreement to proposed constitutional amendments allowing the state legislature to approve general...
- TEXAS: Where One Vote Mattered. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/21/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33915, p9
The article reports that general obligation bond referendum of 30 million U.S. dollars proposed by the Plemons-Stinnett-Phillips Consolidated Independent School District of Texas has passed by a single vote at the polls on May 11, 2013.
- Aurora, Colo., Plans Debt to Deal With Long-Range Issues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;03/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30859, p3
Reports that the officials of Aurora, Colorado, are ironing out the details for a bond issue and a referendum for a second bond issue in November 2000. Part of the city's facilities master plan; Questions to be posed in the city's bond referendum.
- Colorado Issuers May Face Voter-Mandated Tax Cuts. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/31/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30902, p4
Reports that Colorado bond issuers begin gearing up for a ballot initiative that can erode their tax bases. Concerns over the impact of the measure on the government's fiscal health and their ability to issue bonds; Reductions proposed for key state and local taxes.
- North Carolina Group Marshals Forces for Education Vote. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;07/07/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30927, p3
Reports on the North Carolina Citizens for Business and Industry's preparation of an all-out campaign to entice voters to approve a bond referendum in November 2000. Plan to use proceeds from the higher education debt issue to fund the renovation of the state's universities and colleges;...