Newark, N.J., Council Tables New Agency Plan, Leaving $70M Gap
- Public Investments through Public Corporations: ESA95-ESA10 Pitfalls. De Braekeleer, Frans; De Braekeleer, Karen // European Procurement & Public Private Partnership Law Review;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p36
Over the past decades, most EU Member States have established quite a lot of public corporations and special purpose vehicles (SPV) to realise public investments and PPP projects. One of the aims is to set up a situation whereby the financial operation can be kept off the balance sheet of the...
- Puerto Rico finances to remain on federal radar screen. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;3/20/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the decision of the Puerto Rican government to continue monitoring finances closely until late 2015 to prevent another fiscal crisis. It states that the government must balance spending and make public corporations self-sufficient until summer 2015 when the $3.5 billion...
- Public corporations to get tools to restructure operations, contracts and debts. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;4/17/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p7
The article reports on the budget proposal of Puerto Rico Governor Alejandro GarcÃa Padilla for 2014, which aims to reduce government spending by $800 million. It states that the proposal will restructure the operations, debts and contracts of public corporations and government agencies to...
- Budget debate takes center stage. MARINO, JOHN // Caribbean Business;5/1/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 16, p6
The article focuses on the upcoming debate in Puerto Rico to discuss the commonwealth government budget after Governor Alejandro GarcÃa Padilla presented his balanced spending plan for 2015. Topics include the expected budget cuts for the fiscal year, new economic-development initiatives, and...
- It's time to fish or cut bait following November elections. Brandon, Hembree // Southeast Farm Press;12/1/2010, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p4
The article presents the author's views on the importance of reducing the spending of the U.S. government.
- Squeeze Time. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31735, p41
Reports on the increasing public expenditures in New Mexico.
- Tight California Budget Leaves High-Speed Rail Project by Cash-Poor Wayside. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p36
Reports on the approval of legislative committee to only a part in funds for the Sacramento-based California High-Speed Rail Authority handling the proposed multi-billion dollar rail project. Plan of the authority to consider sale of bonds for financing the project; Possibility of a reduction...
- Patriotic Pork. Walker, Lewis J. // On Wall Street;Aug2002, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p78
Discusses increase in the government spending of the United States. Information related to government spending towards weapons, foreign aid and domestic surveillance; Comments from several economists on the government spending of the country; Impact of World War II and 1991 Gulf War on the...
- How to get reelected. // Business Quarterly;Autumn91, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p40
Presents Patricia Adams' remarks on how government leaders try to win public approval through expenditures rather than taxation. Difference between government spending and its tax revenues; Repercussions of printing or borrowing money.