NEW YORK: Racino Bid Gets Nod
- Play your cards right with poker. // Morning Advertiser;10/17/2013, Issue 122, p17
The article offers information on the legal requirements for poker games in public places including the policies on the designated premises where the game can be played, the prize limits and stakes, and the code of practice of the Gambling Commission.
- New casino regulator takes charge. Donovan, Bill // Navajo Times;3/25/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 12, pA4
The article announces that Carleen Chino is the director of the Navajo Nation Gaming Regulatory Office from 2010 to 2014 in Arizona.
- High Court rejects Health Lottery judicial review bid by Camelot. Dowell, Katy // Lawyer (Online Edition);8/22/2012, p4
The article reports that the British High Court has ruled out a judicial review bid by National Lottery operator Camelot in which it instructed Blackstone Chambers' David Pannick to challenge the legality of a rival lottery scheme, the Health Lottery (THL). Pannick had argued that the court...
- Minnesota Gambling Control Board: Request for Comments on Possible Amendments to Rules Governing Lawful Gambling, Minnesota Rules, part 7861-7865. // Minnesota State Register;9/17/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p404
The article announces that the Minnesota Gambling Control Board is requesting for comments on its proposed amendments to the rules governing lawful gambling under section 349 of the 2010-2012 Minnesota Statutes. It says that the Board needs to clarify the language regarding electronic pull-tabs,...
- KANSAS: Hard Rock Hits Wyandotte. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/30/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32972, p9
The article reports on the construction contract awarded by the Kansas Lottery Gaming Facility Review Board to build a Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Wyandotte County, Kansas. The facility is set to open in 2011 and will be owned and regulated by the state Legislature in which at least 22% of the...
- AGREEMENT REACHED IN UK ON FUNDING FOR PROBLEM GAMBLING. // Casino Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p20
The article reports on the agreement that would require gambling operators in Great Britain to provide voluntary funding for problem gambling research, education and treatment. It cites that it forestalls a government threat to tax the industry to raise about Â£15 million by 2012 after the...
- Show me the money. Mwanza, Chimwemwe // Finweek;6/26/2008, p18
The article focuses on the inefficiency of the National Lottery Board (NLB) to correct its mismanagement in South Africa. According to Sershaan Naidoo, spokesman of NLB, the inability of the office to commence and increase the staff performance bonuses was not caused by neglect of the office. It...
- Minnesota State Lottery. // Minnesota State Register;12/7/2015, Vol. 40 Issue 23, p649
The article presents a notice from the Minnesota State lottery on Request of Proposal from advertising agencies improve brand image and marketing strategies for lottery.
- Minnesota State Lottery Request for Proposals for Sponsorship Agreements. Mellein, John // Minnesota State Register;1/3/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p772
The article offers information on the request made by the Minnesota State Lottery (MSL), a lottery association in Minnesota, inviting proposals for sponsorship agreements in order to achieve lottery marketing goals. It further informs that the motive of MSL is to attract new players in order to...