Northeast Edges Up
- New Deals Reveal Little; Chicago May Roil Waters. Ramage, James // Bond Buyer;7/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33551, p2
The article reports on the little retail prices offered by the deals on the municipal bond investors in the U.S. on July 18, 2011. It notes the need of the coming 400 million dollars Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago in Illinois deal to reveal more about the market than...
- ANNUAL REVIEW: A Shift in Note Issuance Leaves Volume Steady but Flat. ALBANO, CHRISTINE // Bond Buyer;2/11/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33859, Following p7A
The article informs that a change in issuance patterns among the U.S. municipalities has affected the volume of note offerings that carried over into the year 2012. According to Alan Schankel, managing director of municipal strategy and research at Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, majority of large...
- INTERNATIONAL DATA. Lynch, Merrill // Asset Securitization Report;1/15/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p27
Presents data on the performance of various international issues in the U.S. securities market as of January 2001. Expected average life of fixed rate Chester Asset 5; Maturity period of floating rate Chester Asset 9; Illustration of Latin American securitization by asset type cross-border in...
- FIXED RATE SPREADS VERSUS SWAPS. // Asset Securitization Report;4/9/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p26
Several charts are presented depicting the floating rate spreads versus swaps of automobiles, credit cards, and Railroad Retirement Boards.
- Portuguese bonds: no more sales to foreigners. Jeffreys, Simon // Accountancy;Oct91, Vol. 108 Issue 1178, p59
Reports that the Portuguese central bank has banned the purchase of Portuguese floating rate bonds by foreigners. Reasons for the increase in foreign investors' purchase of bonds; Exemption from the ban of fixed-rate treasury bonds; Privatization program of the country.
- Short-Term Paper Demand Boosts Floating-Rate Securities. Maurice, Alex // Bond Buyer;05/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31134, p8
Reports on impact of short term paper demand on the sale of synthetic floating-rate securities. Parts of the synthetic floating-rate receipts; Procedures in synthetic floating-rate receipts; Disadvantages of synthetic derivative securities.
- University of Minnesota Readies $388M to Cut Floating-Rate Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33459, p4
The article reports that the University of Minnesota is ready to enter the market with 388 million U.S. dollars of general obligation bonds in raising funds for various projects and reduce its floating-rate exposure by refunding debt in Chicago, Illinois.
- INTERNATIONAL DATA. // Asset Securitization Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p34
Provides data on asset-backed securities transactions in the international market. Coupon type; Country; Maturity; Volume; Floating and fixed rates; Collateralized debt obligations; Credit.
- Falling Mortgage Dominos. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/28/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the increase of late payments and defaults in the Alt-A mortgage market, which once accounted for 1-2% of the mortgage-backed securities (MBS) market but now makes up as much as 20% of the securitized mortgage universe. What may be worrisome to investors is that credit...