Musculoskeletal Findings of Loeys-Dietz Syndrome
- SÃNDROME DE MARFAN CON DISECCIÃ“N AÃ“RTICA ASOCIADAA TROMBOEMBOLISMO VENOSO E HIPERHOMOCISTEINEMIA. HERRERA, RAMON N.; MIOTTI, JULIO A.; PEREYRA, ALDO S.; LOBO, MARÍA V.; IBARRA, MARIELA T.; TOMÉ GUZMÁN, ANDRÉS F. // Medicina (Buenos Aires);Dec2012, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p478
Marfan syndrome is an infrequent genetic disorder of connective tissue whose clinical manifestations mainly affect the cardiovascular, ocular and musculoskeletal systems. Serious cardiovascular manifestations are generally the cause of mortality of Marfan patients. Thromboembolic venous disease...
- NATURAL HISTORY OF CARDIOVASCULAR MANIFESTATIONS IN MARFAN SYNDROME. // Pediatric Dentistry;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p56
In this article the authors' offers comment regarding the investigation of the study concerning the diagnosis and progression of mitral valve and aortic abnormalities in patients with Marfan syndrome during childhood and adolescence.
- 5. Systemic conditions. // GP: General Practitioner;9/23/2002, p54
Investigates the systemic conditions of scoliosis. Influence of neurofibromatosis on the development of kyphosis or scoliosis; Association of Marfan's syndrome with scoliosis; Prevalence of Scheurmann's kyphosis among teenage boys.
- Hospital for Special Surgery's Dr. Oheneba Boachie-Adjei
Receives 2004 Humanitarian Award From American Academy of
Orthopaedic Surgeons. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;3/22/2004, p34
Oheneba Boachie-Adjei, Chief of the Scoliosis Service at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York, received the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' (AAOS) 2004 Humanitarian Award in recognition of his commitment and dedication to improving the lives of those less fortunate who are in...
- Giant aortic aneurysm in Marfan syndrome. Pinal-Fernandez, I.; Miranda-Barrio, B. // QJM: An International Journal of Medicine;Feb2014, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p155
No abstract available.
- Expert's comment concerning Grand Rounds case entitled 'Minimal access bilateral transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion for high-grade isthmic spondylolisthesis' (by Nasir A. Quraishi and Y. Raja Rampersaud; doi:10.1007/s00586-012-2623-2). Birkenmaier, Christof // European Spine Journal;Aug2013, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1714
[Figure not available: see fulltext.]This Expert's Comment discusses the Grand Rounds Case entitled 'Minimal Access Bilateral Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion for High-Grade Isthmic Spondylolisthesis' by Nasir A Quraishi and Raja Y Rampersaud. It puts a technically elegant surgical method...
- Lumbar degenerative spinal deformity: Surgical options of PLIF, TLIF and MI-TLIF. Hwee Weng Dennis Hey; Hwan Tak Hee // Indian Journal of Orthopaedics;Apr-Jun2010, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p159
Degenerative disease of the lumbar spine is common in ageing populations. It causes disturbing back pain, radicular symptoms and lowers the quality of life. We will focus our discussion on the surgical options of posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) and transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion...
- Long-Term Health-Related Quality of Life After Surgery for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis and Spondylolisthesis. Helenius, Ilkka; Remes, Ville; Lamberg, Tommi; Schlenzka, Dietrich; Poussa, Mikko // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jun2008, Vol. 90-A Issue 6, p1231
Background: The aim of surgical treatment for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis is primarily to prevent progression and secondarily to correct the deformity, whereas the goal of surgical treatment of pediatric spondylolisthesis is mainly to relieve pain and, in patients with a high-grade slip, to...
- Processo de enfermagem aplicado a um paciente com sÃndrome de marfan associado a aneurisma aÃ³rtico. Fernandes, Maria Isabel da Conceição Dias; da Silva Duarte, Lucélia Maria Carla Paulo; Andriola, Isadora Costa; Diniz, Késsya Dantas; da Silva, Cícera Maria Braz; de Carvalho Lira, Ana Luisa Brandão // Cultura de los Cuidados;Dec2012, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p81
No abstract available.