Off Broadway goes upscale
- Cleveland's Playhouse Square. // FoodService Director;07/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p160
Features the Cleveland's Playhouse Square Center. Features of the complex; Boost in the food service operation of the complex with the addition of three kitchens; Highlights of the restaurants and other amenities. INSET: A look at the menu..
- Broadway Season Statistics, 1959-1998. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p179
No abstract available.
- Some Notable Nonprofit Professional Theater Companies in the U.S. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p179
No abstract available.
- BUDGET CONSCIOUSNESS. Yauger, Bruce // Entertainment Design;Sep2003, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p26
Delves into the need for balancing the needs of the production with the passion for new gear. Experience of the author on a situation where he overcame negative perceptions of musicians and performers in a certain performance; Responsibilities of a theater designer; Effect of the overall design...
- BROADWAY TOP 10. // Daily Variety;8/26/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 38, p16
Lists the top Broadway theatrical productions in New York for the week ending August 24, 2003. 'The Lion King'; 'Hairspray'; 'Mamma Mia!'; 'The Producers.'
- Kodak Theater snaps 'Nutcracker,' 'Monty.' DiOrio, Carl // Daily Variety;05/09/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 50, p12
Features the Kodak Theater in Los Angeles, California. Shows confirmed to run in the center; Uses of the venue; Comments on the partnership of the American Ballet Theater with the complex.
- Opera house theatres. Nobis, Phillip // Architecture Australia;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p51
Reports on the despite of Jorn Utzon's proposals for the interior of the Sydney Opera House. Exhibition of Utzon's collection of drawing; Views of Sir Davis Hughes, former Minister for Public Works.
- The Eighth Wonder. Woolley, Ken // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p26
Reports on `The Eighth Wonder' opera which is about building the Sydney Opera House. Historical accounts; Production, design and performance.
- Rotterdam: New Luxor theater. // Architecture Australia;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p9
Describes a waterfront variety theater project called the Luxor theater designed by Australian architects Peter Wilson and Julia Bolles. Plan to start construction of theater in 1998; Aspects of the design concept.