Coalition for Preventing Domestic Violence Against Women Will Host Charitable Event
- HERSTREET PAVES WAY. Shulman, Jane // Herizons;Spring2008, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
The article features Hestreet, an organization which offers shelter, therapy and resources to women founded by L�onie Couture in Montreal, Quebec. Couture helps women who are victims of sexual violence recover and develop survival skills. Herstreet receives funding from the government and...
- PICK OF THE WEEK. // Campaign (UK);2/2/2007, Issue 4, p21
The article presents information about a print advertising campaign created by the agency Grey London for the charity Women's Aid. The advertisements were written and art directed by Nicola Hawes and Andy Forest. The campaign features images of battered female celebrities and spreads awareness...
- Grant for domestic violence charities. // Children & Young People Now;10/1/2008, p11
The article reports on a �720,000 grant for projects tackling violence against children in London, England. London Councils will provide the cash in 2012 to two projects that help children and women who are victims of domestic violence. A grant of �600,000 is given to the Women's Resource...
- ROSARIO DAWSON. Drumming, Neil // Entertainment Weekly;7/21/2006, Issue 887, p19
This article features actress Rosario Dawson. Ever since being discovered by director Larry Clark and cast in his controversial 1995 independent film Kids, Dawson has followed her whims as a teenager would. Between films, she often returns to New York to work with charities devoted to stopping...
- JWI to Corporations: Make Domestic Violence a Philanthropic Priority. // Jewish Woman Magazine;Winter2012, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p42
The article focuses on the initiative of Jewish Women International (JWI) to make companies be engaged in philanthropic activities that address domestic violence. It says that companies need to be more engaged with domestic violence programs, services, and research because of the increase risk...
- Violence Against Women: An international and interdisciplinary journal. // Women's International Network News;Winter97, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p42
Provides information on an issue of `Violence Against Women,' an international journal published by Sage Publications Inc. Insight on violence against women from periodical editor Claire Renzetti; Contents of the first issue of the periodical.
- Reducing violence against women and their children. // Family Matters;2010, Issue 85, p84
The article presents information on the report "Time For Action: The National Council's Plan for Australia to Reduce Violence against Women and their Children, 2009-2021" to reduce sexual and physical violence against women and children.
- JUSTICE FOR JASSI. // Filipino Post;2/16/2012, p9
The article presents comments from the petition website justiceforjassi.com, including punishment for those who are responsible for the crime, the arrest of the suspects and one calling to stop violence against women.
- Unraveling Gender, Development and Civil Society in the Caribbean. Heron, Taitu; Nicholson, Hilary // Caribbean Quarterly;Jun2006, Vol. 52 Issue 2/3, pv
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Maggie Schmeitz on how non-governmental organizations (NGO) dealt with violence against women in Suriname, and another by Nancy Robinson on political resistance in the Dominican Republic.