Getting Ready For 3G
- news brief. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p12
Reports on news and developments in the telecommunication industry, as of March 2003. European Competitive Telecommunications Association's publication of digital subscriber line (DSL) scorecard; France Telecom's sale of its shares in Eutelsat to Eurazeo; International Telecommunication Union...
- In need of a lifeline? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2003, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the SupOptic 2004 roundtable discussion of trends in the submarine telecommunication industry. Challenges faced by the industry; Factors attributed to the industry's growth; Lack of investor confidence in the marketplace.
- Access all services. Lewis, Andy; Sant, Sameer // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov2003, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the effectiveness of multi-service access networks in reaching telecommunication customers in ways that other access solutions do not. Diversity of revenue streams; Flexibility offered by the networks with best-fit solutions.
- ASTRIUM. // Worldwide Telecom;Oct2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on Astrium, wholly owned by EADS, the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co. and on EMS Technologies Inc., a leading innovator in the design and manufacture of space, airborne and terrestrial wireless solutions.
- Unified communications services target enterprise road warriors. Edwards, Morris // Communications News;Sep2000, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p124
Examines the unified communications services (UCS) concept. Features and functions of UCS; Insight on the market for UCS in the United States; Information on providers of UCS.
- SDTC: Perhaps San Diego's best kept secret. // San Diego Business Journal;05/24/99, Vol. 20 Issue 21, pA1
Reports on the work of the San Diego Telecom Council in supporting local telecommunications companies. Conducting of a survey of local telecoms; Fostering of growth opportunities; Attraction of high quality personnel; San Diego as a global leader in telecom; Council's preparation of a...
- EARLY RECOVERY EXPECTED FOR U.S. CARRIERS' CARRIERS. // Tele-Service News;Nov2002, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the expected growth in the telecommunications industry in the U.S. in 2003.
- A look at 1997. // RCR;01/05/98, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p10
Presents news briefs pertaining to events in the communications industry that transpired in 1997.
- Belles of the telecoms ball. Warwick, Martyn; Tierney, Stephen // Euronet;May2000, Issue 1, p53
Focuses on the factor leading to the improvement of the status of Operational Support Systems (OSS) in the telecommunication industry. Development of more capacity and features of the OSS; Off-the-shelf solutions included in the OSS.
- Bridging the Communications Gap. Dutton, Gail // World Trade;Jun99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p72
Focuses on global telecommunications. Examples of telecommunication services that were being developed; Efforts to establish one global wireless standard; Solution to the global communication challenges; Discussion on the development of multimedia communication systems.