Changing Rules Of The Game
- WIRELESS CONSOLIDATION STUCK IN LIMBO. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;3/11/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 10, p6
Reports on two events that could influence consolidation in the wireless communication industry. Issues surrounding the court case between NextWave Telecom and the U.S. Federal Communications Commission; Discussion on the pricing plans of Cingular Wireless; Update on Sprint PCS.
- Carriers Ask FCC For NextWave Investigation. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;7/23/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p3
Focuses on Alaska Native Wireless LLC, Verizon Wireless and Voice-Stream Wireless Corp., the three companies which asked the United States Federal Communications Commission in July 2001 to investigate NextWave's eligibility to hold onto its spectrum licenses. Reasons for revoking the licenses...
- GSM Leader Arise In D.C. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Announces the merger among Sprint PCS, Omnipoint Communications and VoiceStream Wireless. Implications of the move on wireless telecommunication technology; Terms of the agreement; Unanswered issues about the deal.
- Mystery Caller. // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p7
Presents information on the customer services of telecommunication companies, AirTouch Communications, Sprint PCS and VoiceStream. Ratings of the services.
- Carrier Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p28
Presents news briefs on wireless communication industry in the United States as of May 7, 2001. Global system for mobile communication service launched by VoiceStream Wireless Corp.; Expansion of the wireless communication services of UbiquiTel Inc.; Wireless communication service launched by...
- VoiceStream-Omnipoint buys Sprint GSM network. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Reports on Omnipoint Corp. and VoiceStream Wireless Corp.'s plan to purchase Sprint PCS' global system for mobile communications network in Washington, D.C. Sprint's plan to shut the GSM network off by the end of November 1999; Omnipoint's plan to purchase East/West Communications Inc.
- Sprint PCS, VoiceStream entertain swap. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p34
Reports the possible deal between Sprint PCS and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Terms of the deal.
- NextWave fires litigation salvo to keep licenses. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p33
Highlights NextWave Telcom Inc.'s claim that the United States Federal Communications Commission is attempting to re-auction its licenses before a federal appeals court can rule whether it has the authority to do so.
- New Era For NextWave. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;2/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the business operation of NextWave Telecom. Speculation on the investments received by the company.