Verizon Boosts Cost Of Pay-Phones
- Verizon to Offer Low-Cost Phone Service on Native American Lands. // Business Journal (Central New York);10/13/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p3
Reports on the low-cost phone service that Verizon Communications will offer on native American lands in New York. Order from the United States Federal Communications Commission.
- Verizon to improve county phone service. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;05/01/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 18, p3
Reports on telecommunication firm Verizon Wireless's move to improve its phone service in Westchester County, New York. Amount of money to be invested for the improvement; Background on Verizon Wireless; Views of Insight Research Corp. president Robert Rosenberg on the merger that resulted in...
- Verizon service is leaving many phones hung up. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;12/3/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1
Reports the breakdown of telephone services of Verizon Communications Inc. following the terrorist attacks in New York, New York. Problems in the restoration of services; Complaints of customers on the process of service restoration; Importance of phone service in business activities.
- Verizon and Regulators Dig In for a Long War. P., Shankar // Business News New Jersey;12/12/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p8
Focuses on the controversy created by Verizon Wireless' proposal to increase residential telephone rates in New Jersey. Opposition to the proposed increase supported by the state Office of the Ratepayer Advocate; Reasons given by critics for opposing the rate increase.
- VERIZON WIRELESS DEBUTS 5-STATE 'HOME CALLING AREA'. // RBOC Update;Oct2000, p2
Introduces the Regional Calling plans of Verizon Wireless, a wireless communications provider in the United States. Elimination of roaming charges allowing subscribers to make and receive calls from five different states; Benefits of eliminating roaming charges; Company profile.
- PSC to slash Verizon rates to aid rivals. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p3
Reports the reduction of prices on local phone lines from Verizon Communications Inc. by the state regulators in New York, New York. Percentage of discount; Plan to keep the few existing competitors active in the state; Benefits of the reduction of prices to other telecommunication industry.
- Verizon Enters Local Phone Book Market. // San Diego Business Journal;4/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p26
Reports that Verizon Inc. has entered into the local phone book market in San Diego, California.
- The Pay phone's Last Chance. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the decline of the pay phone market, demonstrated by Verizon's sale of its pay phones to Titan.
- No place for misinformation on matter of phone service. Sullivan, Paul A. // njbiz;8/19/2013, p17
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article on the Verizon Voice Link service in New Jersey.