- Avaya launches IP telephones. Hicks, Matt // eWeek;7/29/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p16
Introduces the Avaya 4620 and 4602 Internet Protocol Telephone from Avaya.
- Avaya strengthens IP phones. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;7/22/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p12
Introduces the Avaya 4620 IP Telephone, an Internet Protocol phone from Avaya. Features of the phone; Price of the product.
- Avaya scales up its VoIP support. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;5/12/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p16
Describes upgrades in Avaya Inc.'s voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) support. Enhancements in Avaya's IP PBX system; Improvements in the company's Communications Manager software.
- New IP Telephony Network merges bells & whistles of data & voice. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;2/1/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p39
Reports on Avaya Communications' unveiling of its latest solutions for the Internet protocol (IP) telephony market aimed at companies with more than 50 employees. Launch of equipment in Puerto Rico; Creation of the from Lucent Technologies in 2000.
- AVAYA. Spangler, Todd // Baseline;Mar2004, Issue 28, p94
This article presents information on U.S.-based Internet protocol telephony systems vendor Avaya as of March 2004. Avaya is a second-generation spin-off with a spotty financial record. The company was divested in 2000 by Lucent Technologies, which itself was unleashed from AT&T in 1996. Only...
- Avaya chief outlines VoIP strategy. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;10/09/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p21
Interviews Don Peterson, chief executive officer at the Lucent Technology Inc. spinoff Avaya, regarding the company's voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) strategy. Requisites before VoIP becomes the central phone technology in large companies; Reluctance to give up traditional Private Branch...
- Avaya pitches its latest communications solution. Cardenas, Felipe // Caribbean Business;5/22/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p41
Focuses on the converged voice and data products offered by Avaya Inc. for small and midsize businesses in Puerto Rico. Function of Internet Protocol telephony to make telephone calls through the Internet; Similarity of the telecommunications industry in the country and in the U.S. mainland;...
- IP PBX push signals Avaya's evolution. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;12/8/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p1
Reports on Avaya's plan to announce a parcel of Internet Protocol Private Branch Exchanges (IP PBX) advances in December 2003. Change in the way companies buy telephony to more of a software-based model; Phasing out Avaya's Definity line; Launch of a licensing scheme that shows the company's...
- Large IP-PBXs Continue Improving---In Most Areas. Percy, Kenneth M.; Birdsall, Randall E.; Poletti-Metzel, Diane; Taylor, Jonathan; Hommer, Michael B. // Business Communications Review;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p28
Studies systems supporting Internet telephony (IP) stations from major IP-private branch exchanges vendors. Basic features of the Alcatel OmniPCX Enterprise version Release 5.0 from Alcatel SA; System management of S8700 Media Server with G600 Media Gateway from Avaya Inc.; Performance score of...