Semiconductor Companies Moving Toward Recovery
- RF Micro Acquires Channel Assets. // GPS World;May2003, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p50
Reports that RF Micro Devices Inc. has acquired assets of semiconductor firm Channel Technology and established a facility in Boulder, Colorado. Design of low-cost, highly optimized integrated system; Use of digital signal processor and radio frequency/analog skills to generate multistrand...
- SIA sees sizzling 1996. DeTar, Jim // Electronic News (10616624);11/6/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2090, p1
Comments on the bullish forecast issued by the Semiconductor Industry Association in the autumn of 1995. Expectation that the industry will grow at 26 percent-plus rate in 1996; Projections about industry shipments in 1995, from the World Semiconductor Trade Statistics; Additional industry...
- SIA 3-year forecast: Up. Hardie, Crista // Electronic News (10616624);11/04/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2141, p1
Reports on the forecast of the Semiconductor Industry Association from 1997 to 1999 for the semiconductor industry.
- SIA sees a recovery. DeTar, Jim // Electronic News;11/03/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2192, p1
Reports that 1997 is the year of recovery for Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) according to its annual forecast. Some surprising reports on the forecast; Projected total semiconductor sales in 1997; Other developments from semiconductor industry.
- The Brick Wall Will Crumble. Murphy, Tom // Electronic News;11/29/99, Vol. 45 Issue 48, p1
Reports on the prediction of the Semiconductor Industry Association that the challenges facing the future development of the industry will be overcome by focusing on research and development efforts. Comments from Robert R. Doering of Texas Instruments; Key areas where market forces are driving...
- Dealing With The ODT. Cassell, Jonathan // Electronic News;11/01/99, Vol. 45 Issue 44, p8
Presents information on the annual industry forecast of the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA). Optimism of SIA on the industry's recovery; Reasons for the optimism; How to deal with Obligatory Down-Turn (ODT).
- Semiconductor industry recovers. // Quality;Nov99, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p19
States that global sales in the semiconductor industry have increased by double digits in 1999. Survey made by the Semiconductor Industry Association; Factors that lead to the increased sales.
- SIA forecast expected. // Electronic News;10/30/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2089, p4
Discusses the release of the Semiconductor Industry Association's (SIA) global forecast for the chip industry in October 1995 and informs that it will be accompanied by briefings from CEOs from semiconductor companies. What is expected from the World Semiconductor Trade Statistics (WSTS)...
- Are roadmap two-year cycles achievable? Dunn, Peter N. // Solid State Technology;Feb99, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on revisions of the roadmap for semiconductor technology of the Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA), proposed by the International Roadmap Coordinating Committee. Revisions for 1998 and 1999; Extrapolation of two-year cycle; Predictions on lithography technology.