Warning To Operators: Overhaul Or Say Goodbye
- Telework: The Turning Point? McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p79
Discusses information on teleworking. Massive increase in the teleworking population; Definition of telework; Benefits of teleworking; Several countries in Europe with significant number of employees engaged in telework activities; Reason telework is considered to be environmentally friendly.
- Telecommuting Program--Is 'Flexplace' Suited to Your Organization? Washington, William N. // Program Manager;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p46
Discusses telecommuting, a process whereby individuals perform their normal office work at home or at a remote site using computers and other telecommunications equipment. Benefits of implementing a telecommuting program; Factors that must be considered before implementing telecommuting;...
- Improve productivity. Don't go to the office. ANDERSON, M. JANE // Credit Union Management;Dec98, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p43
Deals with the increasing trend toward telework programs in United States firms. Advantages of telework; Challenges in telework.
- Home Offices And The Virtual Work Ethic. Vernadakis, George // Inter@ctive Week;01/25/99, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p70
Discusses the benefits of telecommuting to employees and employers. Three advantages of telecommuting; Downside of telecommuting; Key to success of telecommuting.
- Merging home and office. Siano, Maria // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p16
Relates the advantages and disadvantages of staying home for telecommunication business in the United States. Environmental benefits of sprawling workforce; American companies that are starting to engage in the business; Beneficial gains of both the employers and employees in the telecommuting...
- Telecommuting: A Case Study for Managing by Results. Rooney, Natalie Garvin // Ohio CPA Journal;Jul-Sep99, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p34
Presents a case study on telecommuting. Impact of technology on telecommuting; Factors to consider before implementing a system for telecommuting; How to manage office staffs who telecommute full-time; Disadvantages of telecommuting.
- TELECOMMUTING REVOLUTION. Kosan, Lisa // eWeek;10/23/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 43, p81
Focuses on developments related to telecommuting in the United States as of October 13, 2000. Increase in number of telecommuting employees; Advances in telecommunications technology.
- Telecom Connections. Fleck, Ken // Electronic News;07/03/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 27, p42
Focuses on companies contributing to the growth of the telecom connector industry. Value of the telecom connector market in 1999; Examples of products offered by the connector industry; List of incumbent local exchange carrier companies; Target customers of competitive local exchange carriers;...
- Time of the Teleworker. McClelland, Stephen // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p10
Discusses information on teleworkers. Estimated number of teleworkers in Europe; Positive outlook for teleworkers; Trends in teleworking.