Europe On Verge Of UMTS Trials
- Third generation growing pains. Berendt, Annelise; McClure, Ben // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on challenges facing the adoption of new cellular telephone standards in Europe. Case example of plans to adopt the code division multiple access (CDMA); Evolution of the market according to developments from cellular telephone players.
- TIA publishes standards for over-the-air services. // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p90
Reports on the Telecommunications Industry Association's publication of an interim standard entitled `Cellular Radiotelecommunications Intersystem Operations-Over-the-Air-Service Provisioning and Parameter Administration. Coverage of the document.
- Airing the standards debate. Shankar, Bhawani // Telecommunications - International Edition;Oct97, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p41
Focuses on the battle between the global systems for mobile (GSM) communication and Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA IS-95) mobile telephone standards. Hesitance of mobile telephone operators to commit to one cellular system; Reasons behind the early adoption of GSM; Use of CDMA in military...
- It takes a village. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
Provides information on the Wireless Village, an initiative of several telecommunication companies to set specification and create supporters for instant messaging and presence standards. Importance of the initiative; Response of the market; Benefits to mobile telephone users.
- The Battle to Control Your Cell Phone. Creswell, Julie // Fortune;3/29/1999, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p170
Discusses the battle between cellular phone makers Qualcomm and Ericsson. The competing standards, CDMA, TDMA, and GSM; Efforts of the International Telecommunications Union, a United Nations agency, to establish a standard.
- Appearance of LTE and Completed in 3GPP Releases. Izadi, Behrad; SeyedehMasoumehEbrahimi; TiongSiehKiong // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 666, p312
LTE radio platform lets operators to attain possibly increased high throughputs compared to HSPA+ with increased spectrum bandwidth so the main focuses in this technique reached to goals like higher data rate and less latency. Work with LTE commenced with the 3GPP in 2004, by having a recognized...
- ITU details dates for 3G specs. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p4
Reports on standards bodies' meeting with the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) to prepare the detailed specifications of third-generation mobile telephone technology. Union's efforts to find the best way to work with standards bodies developing 3G specifications; Participation of...
- NMT carriers may choose 3 standards. Luna, Lynnette; Golden, Paul // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p56
Reports that Nordic Mobile Telephone 450 MHz operators will decide by October 1999 whether to push forward with three digital mobile phone standards that include Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA). Interim Standard 95 technology in Europe; Recommendation that operators be allowed to choose...
- Defining 5G: The who and the how. Blanchard, Nicole // FierceWirelessTech;10/1/2015, p2
The author offers information on 5th generation mobile networks or 5th generation wireless systems (5G) that denotes the next major phase of mobile telecommunications standards. Topics discussed include efforts of wireless industry for 5G completion, need of defining the standard and all...