Leap Wants A Seat At NextWave Bargaining Table
- FCC sets re-auction date, defends restructuring. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the rejection of bankrupt Nextwave Telecom Inc.'s request to the United States Federal Communications Commission to reconsider its decision to cancel and re-auction the company's licenses.
- NextWave near settlement. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p2
Discusses issues on the settlement of the licenses of personal communication service system carrier NextWave Telecom Inc. Agreement on the value of the licenses; Alliance of Verizon Wireless with Valley Communications; Payment of the licenses.
- Will the re-auction be delayed? Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p8
Focuses on the efforts of NextWave Telecom Inc. in keeping its personal communications services licenses in the United States.
- D.C. court refuses to stop auction. // RCR Wireless News;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p19
Reports that a United States federal appeals court has ruled that the reauction of bankrupt NextWave Telecom Inc.'s telecommunication licenses will commence as planned.
- Leap Wireless Leaps in Bounds. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p3
Reports the purchase of cellular phone licenses of Leap Wireless International Inc. in San Diego, California. Expansion of the wireless telecommunications service to other market; Purchase of the operating licenses from Century Tel. Inc. to gain access in Great lake regions; Negotiation with...
- Newly Attractive NextWave Could Ride M&A. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals to give back NextWave Telecom Inc. its wireless licenses in 2001, which may interest industry players to finance it out of bankruptcy. Services provided by the telecommunications operator; Total amount of NextWave's debt; Companies rumored to...
- Where is the innovation? Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Comments on the failure of the re-auction of the personal communications services licenses of NextWave Telecom Inc. to attract small innovative companies that would bring services to market and be competitive with larger firms as envisioned by the United States government.
- Leap closes on license acquisition. // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p21
Reports the wireless operating license in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania acquired from Radiofone PCS LLC by Leap Wireless International Inc. Implication of the deal to Leap; Benefit gained by Leap from its purchase.
- What's next for NextWave? Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
Talks about the need for NextWave Telecom Inc. to decide what to do with its spectrum licenses covering more than 160 million potential customers in 40 of the nations top 50 markets. Most efficient way to get NextWave's ample spectrum holdings into the market; Drawback for NextWave in selling...