Wheeler: Times Require Path Of Patience
- CTIA Launches KnowMyApp Website to Help Consumers. Eddy, Nathan // eWeek;12/27/2013, p2
The article announces the launch of wireless telecommunications industry trade group CTIA's KnowMyapp.org website which informs consumers how much data their favorite applications are using.
- CTIA: The Show Must Go On. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p1
Reports on CTIA President and Chief Executive Officer Tom Wheeler's decision to go on with CTIA Wireless I.T. & Internet 2001 show in San Diego, California on September 11, 2001 despite the disaster caused by terrorist attacks in the United States. Reason for the decision; Attendance at the...
- CTIA blasts satellite industry's complaints about 5G spectrum. Alleven, Monica // FierceWirelessTech;7/11/2016, p1
The article focuses on the disagreement between the satellite and terrestrial mobile industries in the U.S. and mentions the response of the CTIA Wireless Association to the complaints of the former over the fifth generation (5G) spectrum. It mentions how the association reminded the Federal...
- FCC Spectrum Decision Could Benefit Carriers. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;4/29/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 17, p18
Reports on the benefits of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) frequency spectrum decision. Details on the spectrum-sharing arrangement set-up by FCC; Remarks from CTIA president and chief executive officer Tom Wheeler; Effect of the FCC ruling on wireless carriers.
- Significant Demand for Wireless Broadband. // Networks Update;May2012, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p2
The article reports on the findings of the semi-annual survey conducted by the CTIA-The Wireless Association, which revealed the continued increase in the volume of wireless data transmitted by U.S. citizens. Findings revealed that the annual wireless data traffic grew by 123 percent from 2010....
- CTIA show faces reality of mixed mobile nets. Wexler, Joanie // Network World;10/10/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p66
This article focuses on the CTIA Wireless IT & Entertainment show. It is noted that there was a growing awareness that multiple mobile operating systems, client devices and carriers will be a fact of life in the enterprise. That can be chalked up to differences in user device needs, and...
- WHATS UP WI-FI? MICKEY, BILL // Expo Magazine;Feb2011, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
The article focuses on mobile device usage at events. It states that the attendees at the 2010 Wireless event by the Wireless Association CTIA, put their smartphones to good use of wireless connectivity. It reports that in an event, there is atleast one mobile devices per person on an average...
- CTIA Files Comments On Cap. // Wireless Week;04/16/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 16, p1
Focuses on the comments of CTIA president and chief executive officer Tom Wheeler on the spectrum cap in the United States.
- Ideas Abound AT WirelessAgenda. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p20
Previews the WirelessAgenda conference sponsored by the CTIA which will be held on May 15, 2001 in Dallas, Texas. Expected attendance to the conference; Speakers at the conference; Issues related to the wireless industry which will be discussed in the conference.