- Trading terror for talk splits militants on Israel. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;3/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 84, p1
Reports from Gaza City on the growing discontentment among the rank and file of the Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, active in the Israeli-Palestinian territories on the issue of backing the Israeli-PLO peace accord. Division on specific issues; Arguments; Views of Hamas, PLO leaders and...
- `Immoral' deportations. Wall, James M. // Christian Century;2/24/93, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p195
Editorial. Comments on how the deportation of 415 Palestinians from Israel's occupied territories has been universally condemned and leaves the Labor Party of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin trapped in its own ineptitude. How public opinion in Israel initially supported the action; Why that...
- Rabin's double bind. Shindler, Colin // New Statesman & Society;2/5/93, Vol. 6 Issue 238, p10
Discusses developments in the case of the 400 Hamas Palestinians deported by Israel to Lebanon. Israeli Prime Minister Rabin; Fourth Geneva Convention; PLO leader Yasser Arafat; Left-wing coalition parties Mapam and Ratz; Peace Now; `Coalition of Ten' rejectionist organizations, including...
- Terror at a crossroads. Hamad, Jamil; Klein, Aharon // Time International (South Pacific Edition);03/11/96, Issue 11, p44
Reports on the actions taken by the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas for Israel's assassination of Yehia Ayyash, the organization's master bomber. Details of the actions taken; Comments from Ramzi, a figure in the military wing of Hamas. INSET: Forgiving the unforgivable, by Lisa Beyer..
- A network in support of terror. Painton, Frederick; Beyer, Lisa // Time International (South Pacific Edition);03/18/96, Issue 12, p26
Reports on the accusations being made in connection with the suicide bombers known as Hamas in Israel. Reference to the number of accusations made; Denial of allegations put forth toward the British government by the Israelis; Estimation of the amount of money the Hamos received from the United...
- Palestinian police force meets goals to disarm, disband... Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;4/8/96, Vol. 88 Issue 92, p8
States that efforts of the Palestinian police force, to neutralize the Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, has been so far successful. Palestine's separation from a secret organization; Organization's plans to destroy Prime Minister, Yasser Arafat's Palestinian Authority; Promise from Colonel...
- Rabin will push peace negotiations despite extremists. Makovsky, David // U.S. News & World Report;12/28/92-1/4/93, Vol. 113 Issue 25, p74
Reports that Palestinian Muslim fundamentalist group Hamas shocked the Israeli public this month by murdering an Israeli policeman it had kidnapped. Members of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin's cabinet clamored for a crackdown. Jewish settlers step up their protests against Rabin's peace...
- Poll: 68% of Israeli Jews Support an End to Palestinian Peace Talks. // Israel Faxx;5/5/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 92W, p9
The article reports that the 68 percent of Jewish public in Israel, supports the decision of the government to stop peace talks with the Palestinian Authority related to unity talks with Harakat al-Muqawamah al-Islamiyah (Hamas).
- Operation Pillar of Defense: Lessons learned. HEILMAN, URIEL // New Jersey Jewish News;11/29/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 48, p29
The article analysis whether the defense of Israel, along with its offensive in Gaza is enough to deter Hamas from resuming its attacks in the country.
- QATAR READY TO HOST HAMAS POLITICAL LEADERSHIP. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);4/30/2011, Vol. 140 Issue 1248, p1
The article reports that Qatar has agreed to host the political leadership of Hamas after its political bureau in Syria under the leadership of Khaled Meshaal has settled to leave Damascus.