OKLAHOMA: School Boost May Hit $1.7B
- America's newest class war. Goodman, David // Mother Jones;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p68
Reports on a Vermont law designed to equalize school funding. Link between school funding and student performance; Emergence of class war in Vermont; History of education in Vermont.
- Legislative update. // Education Week;9/11/96, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p18
Highlights the final action by legislatures on state education budgets and other education-related matters. Education budgets in California, Michigan, New Jersey and New York; Opening of publicly financed charter schools; Minimum grade average to receive tuition aid.
- Plan tying increased aid, state control of Baltimore schools backed. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;04/16/97, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p21
Reports on Maryland legislature's approval of a bill that will boost state aid for the city's schools in exchange for unprecedented and permanent state control of the poorly performance system. Naming of the new school board after the passing of the measure; Amendments done before passing the...
- Colorado OKs Plan To Spend Extra School Aid. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;04/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p25
Focuses on the legislative deliberation over education spending bills in Colorado. Agreement on the annual school finance bill; Approval of a state constitutional amendment guaranteeing spending on public education; Details on the participation of charter schools in district bond issues.
- Lawmakers take on Texas-sized task: Rethinking school code. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;3/1/95, Vol. 14 Issue 23, p17
Focuses on a Senator Bill Ratliff's proposed school reform bill in Texas. Provisions of the 1993 school finance bill; Aim of giving more policymaking power to local school districts; Zero-tolerance policy on school discipline; Limiting of state testing; Districts' option of becoming `home-rule...
- Texas Legislature Wraps Up, But Special Session Is Likely. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;05/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31149, p5
Reports the possibility of a special legislation session following a deal on the handling of the congressional and State Board of Education redistricting in Dallas, Texas. Need for a special session to discuss school finance formula; Legislation for voters' approval on video camera purchasing...
- Beresford comes out against ring-fencing. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;11/10/95, p4
Reports plans of Environment minister Paul Beresford to increase education funding in the Great Britain. Utilization of specific grant as a way of delivering extra education resources; Support for the move of principal revenue grant negotiator regarding the realization of extra education...
- Labour proposes three-year budgets for education. // Public Finance;11/10/95, p4
Reports the three-year budget for education proposed by the government in Great Britain. Provision of local education authorities for effective spending decisions; Account of the expected increase of education spending; Amount of the increase real education spending.
- Idaho lawmakers back restructured finance system. Sommerfeld, Meg // Education Week;4/13/94, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p16
Reports on the passage of a bill by the Idaho Legislature aimed at altering the state's school-finance system. Approval given by the Senate; Failure of the state to support a `uniform and thorough' system of public education; Number of schools that filed a lawsuit against the state; Formula...