ARKANSAS: City-County Tax Vote Delay
- FORM: State Sales Tax or Seller's Permit Agencies. // Small Business Start-Up Kit (9781413310993);Feb2010, pF12
The article presents a list of sales tax or seller's permit agencies in several U.S. states, including Alabama, Georgia, and Michigan.
- Group continues collecting tax vote petitions. Shaver, Pat // Corridor Business Journal;9/12/2011, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p6
The article presents information on the petition drive, called Cedar Rapids Extended Sales Tax (CREST), started by a group of 25 local volunteers in order to collect signatures in support of next election to extend the 1cent sales tax.
- Stockdale to cast votes on additional sales tax. Kopecki, Pat // Wilson County News;10/12/2016, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p5A
The article reports that Stockdale City Council in Texas has called for a special election to vote on the adoption of a local sales-tax rate of 1/4 of 1 percent to provide general revenue, as of October 2016.
- ARIZONA: Sales-Tax Hike Vote Set. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p9
The article reports on the sales tax poll requested by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer to let the residents decide on a temporary 1 percent increase the state sales tax.
- Congressman Floats Possibility of National Sales Tax on Motor Fuels. Dutton, Audrey // Bond Buyer;8/23/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33370, p3
The article reports on the struggle of the members of U.S. Congress and White House to look for a suitable substitute or addition to the present gas tax that offers funding for transportation infrastructure which leads to the discussion of the possibility of a national sales tax on motor fuels.
- Unfair Assertions. Hanley, Bil // New American (08856540);1/9/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p5
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article concerning the proposed Fair Tax in the U.S. in the November 21, 2011 issue.
- Comptroller Susan Combs Reports Continuing Increase in Sales Tax Collections. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);11/12/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p6
The article discusses Texas Comptroller Susan Combs and her report of increased sales tax revenue in Texas during 2008.
- U.S. State and Local Government Revenues Continue Growth at Slower Pace. // Property & Policy Research;Apr2013, p1
The article offers information regarding the slower growth rate of the U.S. state and local government tax revenues recorded in the month of April 2013. It states that 60 percent of total state revenues from sales taxes have been received by several states of the U.S. which include Washington...
- CO: House Bill May Move State Closer to Marketplace Fairness. // GPP eNews;4/15/2013, p1
The article reports on the introduction of the House of Representatives Bill 1295 by the Colorado House which aims to address minimum simplification requirements of the federal Marketplace Fairness Act.