ARIZONA: Chandler Board Slams Cuts
- Parks in firing line as budget cuts bite. Abbott, Jez // Horticulture Week;7/27/2012, p8
The article informs that cut in budget for park maintenance in Great Britain would make the local authorities unable to fund for parks, leisure and other services.
- Parks budget cut in Cumbria. Tilley, Jonathan // Horticulture Week;10/26/2012, p6
The article informs that the government in Cumbria, England, has decided to make cuts in park budget. INSET: Unkindest cuts.
- Parks left to face twin threats of departmental cuts and council tax freeze. // Horticulture Week;6/25/2010, p3
The article reports that the 17 billion pound departmental cuts and freeze on council tax, taking a total of 25% cuts on park services, may place parks in Great Britain to suffer more than expected.
- Lobbying for support for parks campaign. Smith, Steve // Horticulture Week;9/14/2012, p17
In this article, the author says that he will try to convince Member of Parliament Andrew Gwynne to support the campaign against urban parks budget cut in Great Britain.
- Richmond studies business examples for ideas to help parks cope with budget cuts. Ibrahim, Magda // Horticulture Week;11/20/2009, p8
The article reports on the proactive business approach used by Richmond to help parks and opens spaces cope with budget cuts in England. David Allister, London Borough of Richmond's head of parks and open spaces, stresses that the ideas from business are helpful in dealing with budget cuts...
- Still in Crisis. Dolesh, Richard J. // Parks & Recreation;Jan2011, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p11
The article discusses the lack of funding for U.S. parks as mid-stream budget cuts for fiscal year 2011 is expected by the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). It notes that scorched earth policies are resorted to by many state park systems with an aging workforce, deteriorating...
- What are your strategic solutions for managing budget cuts? // Parks & Recreation;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p64
This piece features advice from readers on strategies for managing budget cuts. The use of fee discounts in order to boost participation and revenue in order to make up for budget cuts is described. A combination of increased fees and reduced administrative support in the Phoenix, Arizona parks...
- The Work to be Done. Ginsburg, Philip A. // Parks & Recreation;May2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p11
An essay is presented on the failure to invest and provide adequate funding in parks and recreation areas in the U.S. in 2011. It states that 87% of the U.S. cities were unable to provide adequate funding to meet their fiscal needs according to the National League of Cities, and federal budget...
- Kansas House OKs Cuts in Aid, Salaries. Watts, Jim // Investment Dealers' Digest;2/11/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the approval of Kansas to cut its budget for state aid to local school districts and reduces salaries for government executives due to revenue shortfall in fiscal 2011.